IGNORED

Just what the Doctor ordered. 1977 280z

grannyknot

Thanks!

Starting to route hoses and checked my pre-tear down pics, is this carbon canister hooked up properly? Seems to me the hose coming from the tank should go to the nipple marked "from tank" and the purge hose should go to the intake manifold.

Also, the 2nd pic is of the P/S kick panel, it is in good enough to use as a template to make a new one but is there in fact a D/S kick panel? My photos don't show one and I just can't remember any more.

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Thanks!

Starting to route hoses and checked my pre-tear down pics, is this carbon canister hooked up properly? Seems to me the hose coming from the tank should go to the nipple marked "from tank" and the purge hose should go to the intake manifold.

IMG_0659.JPG

Have a look at this. http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/carboncan/index.html 

btw one of the hoses has a reducing orifice in it

• 2 weeks later...

The engine is running now and the box of parts to reinstall is getting close to empty but I have a couple parts I can't find a home for.

The heat shield, somewhere in the engine bay but can't figure where and the black flangy thing I think goes in the driver's or passenger's foot well.

Any ideas?  Also finished up installing all the glass today.

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

• Like 1

This is the best shot I could get while the engine is in the car.  It's looking from the master cylinder to the exhaust and intake. If I recall correctly two different size bolts, a 10 and a 12, go through that shield and the bigger heat shield. It will attach after the bigger heat shield is on. One of those "blind" installations where you can't see what you're doing.

IMG_0336.jpeg

• Thanks 1