IGNORED

Help!!! Why are my new springs is bent is the front

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Is the bottom of the spring rotated so that the end of the spring is at the end of the groove?  The top perch will rotate.  Might straighten things up a bit.

I rotated both directions a bunch of time, I think it’s bottom out on both ends. 

50 minutes ago, Lumens said:

Looks to me that maybe the top insulator flat is not turned to the shock threaded flat.

Thus not seated all the way. But then could you even get the nut started on the threads?

Plenty of space for the nut to thread in on top of the mounting point.  

50 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

That's a good point.  The top of the shock shaft has to fit in to the D shaped hole in the insulator.  Maybe it's cocked or they messed it up somehow.

Good point, might need to disassemble to be sure.

5 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Interesting. I would think that would have to be a shock problem. Both are KYB shocks.....is there a misalignment in the shock shaft. Seems like that would have to be the culprit. IMO

Now thinking of it, might be a disalightment since the shaft is not center in the spring. 

71F0C596-E44F-456C-B18E-CBA0F655F0BA.jpeg

6F9EDED7-0D45-4572-A4D8-BD45C15DD2E6.jpeg

4D81FFD0-C039-47CF-8D30-A8FC17DDF9F5.jpeg

7 hours ago, Martzedcars said:

I would go back and ask then to take a look at these bended parts!  Did they use Original KYB's ?  or chinese knock-off's ??  they look very bended!  even in the urantha bump stops you can clearly see that the rod is not in the middle..   btw, were did you get those rubber bump-stops?

Also.. the orig. KYB's and a lot more aftermarket shock's  have much thinner shafts than the Original from nissan ...

Didn’t know there were fake KYB, but I did purchase them from a reputable seller on eBay. 

The bump stops are from engergy. 

15 hours ago, Magicstick said:

Didn’t know there were fake KYB

We never know what "they" are copying in china or india or....   was it sayd that it are KYB's , does it say so on the bill..  or they sayd it was KYB?  

15 hours ago, Magicstick said:

bump stops are from engergy.

Thanks!!  (can't find them overhere , computer... thinks it's a miswrite.. (energy)  :facepalm:)

Easier to make fake Eibach's than KYB's.

There are many stories on the internet about Eibach problems.  It looks like somebody bought the name and is just putting the Eibach stamp on some new manufacturer's spring.  People have to do extra work to make the car sit right.  I'm surprised that people still buy them.  No offense.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/57267-eibach-progressive-springs/?tab=comments#comment-515491

16 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Easier to make fake Eibach's than KYB's.

That could also be the case, Eibach was/is a German brand for as far i know but it's no longer?  i'm no user of aftermarket stuff..  (prefer the Original Nissan parts, nothing else.)   Original is often more expensive, but in the 18 years that i drive my 240z it only stopt ones.. because there was not enough petrol in it.. :ph34r:

On 6/1/2018 at 9:13 AM, Zed Head said:

Is the bottom of the spring rotated so that the end of the spring is at the end of the groove?  The top perch will rotate.  Might straighten things up a bit.

I'm with you.  In the second picture, it doesn't look like the coil is properly located in the bottom perch.  The coil needs to be rotated so the spring end fits into the perch correctly.  The top is correct, bottom doesn't seem to be from that picture.