IGNORED

Help!!! Why are my new springs is bent is the front

Hi Guys, 

1972, 240z, has a local shop install brand new KYB (basic struts and shocks) , new eibach progressive springs, new Nissan top mounts, new Nissan front bearing, new Urantha bump stops. 

The springs are installed correctly( check the part numbers 3 times, the front and back is correct) . 

But as soon as i picked up the car, I felt like it’s way to bumpy ( owned 2 other 240z in the past) this is maybe the worst ride? 

The worst part is that the front springs looks bent!! 

At first I thought it was because the the top of the springs is not seated correctly, but after I jacked the car up, wiggle it around, it’s sitting on the very top. Everything seems bolted on correctly, but front shock and spring doesn’t look Centered and spring looks Very bent, especially when it’s on the floor. 

Please help!!!!

221163F0-1934-4728-A448-E73FB09F6138.jpeg

297E30F5-CC1C-480B-861A-CC8DCC29B77D.jpeg

BD157B9D-2C2A-463F-81FD-FBDDD7FA33F0.jpeg

7359C11E-075D-4D56-B94B-DDE16D6CF0A7.jpeg

8FC38755-89FC-480A-9DE9-FED5E78FC7ED.jpeg

D24F60B8-BD01-49C8-9D74-A018E17CCC2E.jpeg

• Like 1

I would go back and ask then to take a look at these bended parts!  Did they use Original KYB's ?  or chinese knock-off's ??  they look very bended!  even in the urantha bump stops you can clearly see that the rod is not in the middle..   btw, were did you get those rubber bump-stops?

Also.. the orig. KYB's and a lot more aftermarket shock's  have much thinner shafts than the Original from nissan ...

Edited by Martzedcars

Wow Blue....You never cease to amaze me....  Crazy that it might be a spring problem. Can’t imagine after all these years that Eibach would have changed a thing. Good job on finding the article...see you in October!

Guy

6 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Very strange,  it sort of looks like the wheel has excessive camber, make sure the lower control was properly attached to the crossmember

Hi, the alight was done right after the install, but will check the lower control mounting spots. Thanks