weatherstrip advice - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

weatherstrip advice

Featured Replies

I need advice about door weather striping. Where can I get the best fitting ws for the doors?  Thanks,  JCB

Many members have reported using 1993 - 2002 Kia Sportage weather strip. Some of the Z weather strip is a bit too hard or over sized and prevents the door from closing easily. Occasionally requiring a door adjustment.

  • Author

Thanks Mark, I thought there was a different car weather strip used but I could not find the thread.  Thanks again, JCB

I got the precision seals, baked them on warm in my oven for an hour, installed them, shut the door and tried to not open it.  Now over a month and they seem pretty darn good.  I don't have to slam it.  Just for info.  

25 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

I got the precision seals, baked them on warm in my oven for an hour, installed them, shut the door and tried to not open it.  Now over a month and they seem pretty darn good.  I don't have to slam it.  Just for info.  

That's a great idea, and if someone already has them installed a hair dryer or paint stripper gun on low might work, warm them up, close the doors and don't open them until spring.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I used some seals from McMaster Kar,
Part 1120A333

https://www.specterbyte.com/recursive-issues/

Some pictures in this link. They fit well.

I believe its McMaster-Carr. I have used different versions of theirs on several cars. Looks good when in. Part# 1120-A333 is is about the the right size.
Good luck


Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile
  • Author

Thanks to all who replied about the door seals  JCB

Edited by jcb

  • Author

Do any of you who replied remember what size you used? 

Do any of you who replied remember what size you used? 

For McMaster-Carr

 

Water- & Weather-Rst Rubber Push-on Seal with Bulb on Side, Hollow, for 3/16" Edge, 5/8" High, 25 ft. Length

 

 

IMG_0372.JPG

  • Author

Hayitsrama, thanks for the info.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.