IGNORED

Driver's Side Tie Rod

I think thats the problem. I ordered one of each side but the drivers is left hand thread. So I just ordered another passenger side. Let’s see.

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Out of curiosity, how did the tie rod threads feel? There's another recent thread that talks about potentially loose threads on the tie rods:http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/59717-tie-rod-wiggle/ Did you notice anything attention getting when you replaced yours?

Sorry I watched the install (old hands aren’t up to the task at the moment) but I didn’t notice anything that suggests any wiggling. It eliminated the vibration but I noticed I still have some steering wheel play which I have yet to investigate.

12/70 260Z block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 ext oil cooler Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, strut bar

On 3/28/2018 at 6:59 PM, wil84911 said:

Update: all tie rods (inner and outer) successfuly replaced with right hand thread versions. Thank you all for your help.

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

Where did you see inner listed for rock Auto? I had to special order one from a company out in CA. 

Where did you see inner listed for rock Auto? I had to special order one from a company out in CA. 

Sorry that was months ago. I don’t remember. Might be the Z Store or Z Car Depot.