IGNORED

MSA satin black Konig Rewinds are coming.. need tires

Zedyone_kenobi

34 minutes ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I double checked my suspension thread, and many say the longer springs go in the front. Jeff G are you sure about the longer ones going in the back?  I was sure the ones ending in 1 were the front.

You have it correct on those. The tight wound coil spring goes on the rear.

Also the wire gauge is larger on the rears than the front springs.

Cutting coils is not a great idea since it will change the spring rate.  The front will become stiffer than designed which could then cause the car to become pitchy.  Also, cutting coils on a progressive spring is a crapshoot.  I run cut coils on my race car, but they are the same rate front and rear and I cut the same amount off both ends.  It worked fine.

Agreed and well put.  Forget I mentioned it. I have made the same arguments.  I am just a little annoyed that I now have TWO sets of wheels and tires I do not need.

A complete set of VTO LeMans, and a complete set of Konig Rewinds.  BOTH WITH NEW TIRES.

This is a bad as the spark plug wire fiasco of 2012.  (5 sets of wires... do not ask)

3 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

moelk, those are Wats.not Konigs. You can tell by the dish and the way the step downs blend with a curve. The Konigs are not as deep and have straight edges.

The front of my car being so high is a mystery to me. I run the same springs as many people (Eibach pros, and noticed the larger from gap immediately.  My Tokikos sat with even wheel spacing.  No idea why.  I bought the eibachs after many recommendations from people but when I put them on I noticed the larger front gap. I have never been happy about it.

Love the ride compliance it gives, but do not care for the look. 

Was talking about the color not the brand.