IGNORED

MSA satin black Konig Rewinds are coming.. need tires

Zedyone_kenobi

33190781725_fc53b42f9f_b.jpg

33190781665_006096be70_b.jpg

33033828132_1cf328ff17_b.jpg

32375326113_a57196cbf3_b.jpg

Okay, I mounted this side on and dropped the car. First I had no idea I had burned through so much of my old Yokohama S drives.  They are over half gone.  Second.  I am not totally sure on the look. I think maybe once I get the 240Z black door stickers on it may look better.  I have grown so accustomed to the Panasports, these look really different. The front centercap is NOT going on.  LOL  Without some hammer work.

For comparison

24957906415_aa48997ea1_b.jpg

24864541121_afca17cedc_b.jpg

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi
  • Like 2

I am not sure I like them..

HAHAHAHAAH

I think my car needs to be lower for it to work.

I will wait until I get my 240Z side sticker on to make up my mind.

also may paint my rear spoiler.  Have to commit to the look before I give in.

A spring change is out of the question as I just put those Eibachs on.  I can finally get a floor jack under the engine crossmember and I love it!

Zedy, We have the same color 240Z. Even though the wheels are advertised as satin black they look too flat to me to

complement the silver paint and the chrome bumpers. Satin black to me is more a mid point between flat and gloss.

I just don't see it in these wheels color. But you are close and on the right track. If mine I think I would try coating them

with a clear wheel paint to make them pop out more. The wheel color does however look good on Porsche's. I would look at some

to see what black looks good on those cars. Just IMO.

3 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I am not sure I like them..

HAHAHAHAAH

I think my car needs to be lower for it to work.

I will wait until I get my 240Z side sticker on to make up my mind.

also may paint my rear spoiler.  Have to commit to the look before I give in.

A spring change is out of the question as I just put those Eibachs on.  I can finally get a floor jack under the engine crossmember and I love it!

I like them, I think silver Panasports tend to get sort of lost on a silver car in my opinion.  I like them on just about every other color.

If you are like me the dark wheels changed the entire personality of my z. I did have to have mine re powder coated flatter than what I ordered from Japan. The original color was too glossy for my personal taste It does take a few weeks to get use to them. I did get a second grill and rear finisher and painted the the same color as the wheels. My rear shade is coordinated as well too. I have thought to get a 2nd rear spoiler and color as well.. it would be like having 2 z's by changing a few items back ever other year

Sent from my SM-T350 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

OH also of note on these Konigs. They say they are 0 offset, but they are most definitely NOT. 

I left the front passenger side panasport on the car.  The panasport sets in toward the car more than 1/2" more than the Konig. The konigs stick out more.  I took a panasport and konig and lay them down next to each other and the tire itself is the same height, so it HAS to be in the offset of the mounting flange.  This is troubling as when I turn the tire, their are times I have less than 0.045" clearance between the tire and the front side lower valance.  I have not tried this yet, but when I back up and turn, I think this is going to grind the body work.  I have not tried yet. 

It's easy enough to measure the offset.  I can measure mine tonight.  Where did you get your Panasports?  Are you sure they are zero offset?  MSA usually sells +6mm.  My 16" Panasports are zero offset and they have the same look as your Rewinds.