IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

I finally fixed the A/C leaks in the fancy a$$ stainless steel line fittings at the fire wall fitting in my Z.  Replaced the firewall pass through fitting that got damaged.  The sharp 90 in the #10 fitting put a lot of stress on the o-ring connection and with multiple on-offs it finally scratched the sealing surface. The Stainless braided hose ends are very heavy as is the hose. 

I made new hoses using the EZ-Clip system which I am officially in love with. I supported the new hose at the heater hose fitting as it passes by. You can see the new hoses as they are attached at the pass through fitting. Actually I passed the #6 hose (bottom) right through and didn't use another pair of connections there. Two less places to leak. Now the new owner will be kept nice and cool. New owner.... You out there? Anybody?

Used it exclusively the EZ Clip stuff on the 510 A/C. Simple, tight radius, light, do it your self crimps. Been working flawlessly for months now. It is pricey, don't buy it through Vintage Air or their dealers, buy it through a local AC or hose supply house. We have three different outfits in Calgary that stock it, it's not rare. New-Line hose, Greggs distributing and Ability Hose all have it.

IMG_0292.JPG

This is the SS hose and fittings that I've collected over several AC jobs. All for sale! 

IMG_0265.JPG

Edited by zKars

Thanks! I like it. Battery is half the size and weight of a standard Group 24 beast. Twice the price too. ;)

Lots of cranking power for vapour locked starts. Probably not good enough for winter cranking, but who's crazy enough to do that? Shirley?

Best part is the no-leak, never rot your tray part. That and the new tray!

Edited by zKars

58 minutes ago, moelk said:

I got contacted by some guys who is recording Sounds for a new videogame called The Crew 2.

They really wanted a 240z.

So that's what I did today.

And I got paid for it : )

Got to love that!  Paid to drive your car and be video game famous!

• Like 1

• Mike pinned and locked this topic