IGNORED

Spinning My Wheels... (Yet Another Wheel Thread)

charliekwin

For what it's worth I run these Hankooks on my orange Z, 205/50-R15 and love them for their look and price too.  discounttire.com has them for $260 with $90 worth of rebates right now, $170.  http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&fl=&pc=19441&counter=0&ar=50&rd=15&cs=205

Hankook Ventus V2 concept2

5 hours ago, Rob1972 said:

Beg to differ:  In Zed's example 205/70/14 = 205mm tread width, 70% of the tread width is the sidewall height (called aspect ratio), with 14 inch wheel diameter.

Jeff, great info and thanks for the clarification.  I thought Zed meant sidewall 'height', not sidewall to sidewall width (section width - which I didn't know existed!). From now on it's 'section width' not 'tread width'.

Edited by Rob1972

Great clarification... 205 is still how wide the tire is, just now how wide the tread is.  Minor but significant difference for sure!  The 70% of width being height is still correct.

I suppose that would be how wide the tire is unmounted as well. Because surely you can stretch it in or out.

5 minutes ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I suppose that would be how wide the tire is unmounted as well. Because surely you can stretch it in or out.

The width is based on the "measuring rim width".  There is an acceptable rim width range and then a measuring rim width listed in the chart above.

I will nudge you in the direction of the RB's.  I run 16x7 RB's in the warm weather and have no issues on my 77, lowered same as you.  Tire selection is far better with the 16" size vs 15".    You can run 8" width on the rear but the front will be a problem with rubbing.
The RBR has the flatter spoke style that you like, but I think they only make them in 17" now.   Too big for these cars imo.

What size tires are you running?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• 2 weeks later...