IGNORED

Brisbane Easter Z Car Nationals

260DET

All over now, next one will be hosted by the Sydney club in two years time. My evil handling 260 won a couple of places in the Supersprint categories but the star of that event imho was a turbocharged L24 engined 240. Which the driver revs to 8000rpm although it is capable of 10000rpm without failure, he says. I did a couple of laps in a 350Z which was interesting.

Originally posted by 260DET

All over now, next one will be hosted by the Sydney club in two years time. My evil handling 260 won a couple of places in the Supersprint categories but the star of that event imho was a turbocharged L24 engined 240. Which the driver revs to 8000rpm although it is capable of 10000rpm without failure, he says. I did a couple of laps in a 350Z which was interesting.

What colour was this turbo'd 240Z? Fits the description of a local car.

Alfadog and That Ozzy Guy.....if your selling your zeds, can you PM me some more info on them and what sorta money your looking for, as I might be interested. :)

Yes DZ, that was the blue Townsville car, his best lap was a 1:05.4872. Forgot to mention a naturally aspirated 2.8 L series engined 240 which did a best of 1:05.3770, 230 RWHP apparently. Then there was the RB26DETT engined 260 which did 1:02.775!! All road registered cars without slicks.

Was the RB26 powered car the one from Brisbane tuning and turbo?

There used to be a gun metal grey NA L28 powered 260Z 2-seater around here a few years back, ran some damn impressive time on the track and boy did that thing sound awesome! :)

Had a fantastic time even though I was half asleep from my allnighter trip. It was great to see so many beautiful cars and so many fantastic ideas. The personal touches on some of the cars were great to see and the attention to detail was 'you beaut'.

Looking forward to the Sydney 2005 Nationals.

It was also great to meet some new people like Alfacat but a shame I didn't meet you 1 Bravo 6.

Took too many pictures to post up but here's one of my favourites. It's Simon de Groot's car from Sydney. It's a show car no dobt but does he put it in a museum and ogle at it from afar. Hell no, he drove it up from Sydney. Good on you Simon.:classic:

post-3235-14150792608604_thumb.jpg