IGNORED

ZCON 2016 - Toronto (Who is going?)

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Alternator going out along with front wheel bearings.

Caught the alternator before leaving. Will have it changed shortly then varooom... gotta do wheel bearing enroute.  Trying to source will be the hard part.

I probably have some front wheel bearings, but I'm not sure where they are. Also it seems to be a pain to overnight parts to Canadia. Let me know if you have a desperate need.

2800 km behind us, 700 more to go. In Sault Ste. Marie tonight, On track to get there tomorrow afternoon.

How many cottage owners can there be on their way back from northern Ontario tomorrow with us on the only road out of there? Couple hundred tops, right? 

At least my wheel bearings are ok.....  A2 and A6, real common ones. Fronts right? Just clean and re-pack the old ones. Keep going... and going, and going..

• Like 2

So what about road tolls? I'm planning to take highways from Niagara Falls up to Toronto and I'm not sure it the highways have tolls. Stuff like the QEW?

And if there are tolls, I'm assuming there are still "cash lanes"? The reason I ask is that some places are completely doing away with cash and are going to wireless electronic payment only.

The QEW is not tolled, nor is Hwy 401, the main East West super highway.  So you should be able to drive from Niagara falls where you cross to the hotel toll free.

However, in the Niagara / Buffalo NY area, there are or were tolls on the bridges going up to the border.   Been a while since I've been in that area.