IGNORED

What's it worth?

siteunseen

• 2 months later...

On 3/5/2016 at 5:49 PM, siteunseen said:

I don't want this car as much as I do the garage space.

I just had the biggest "duh" moment of my life. 

I've got 3 Zs in my garage, two 240s and a 280.  I need to keep my daily driver in the cooler garage than sitting outside roasting in the sun.  When I met my Dad on Father's Day I was pouring sweat ( he was just a couple of miles away) from my Camry being so hot, long pants and a long sleeve dress shirt with a tie on.  So I've decided to sale the 280 instead of the 240, DUH!!!!

Doesn't that make more sense?  240 prices are going crazy now so I should keep it instead of the 280 in my opinion, agree?

SDC10695.JPG

DSC00292.JPG

I would sell which ever one has more rust. I don't really get the big difference in the 280 vs 240, now 260 yes, an odd bird, but a good running 280z seems like a more solid car in the 1st place. Of course I am no expert had one when I was a kid (240) got one again recently now that I am old (280). The 280 seems just as much fun to drive from what I recall of the 240, and the AC works a heck of a lot better. Oh and I don't look at them as an investment, I suspect cars like these can go  up and down a lot, I bought mine cause I wanted one, did not even consider it as an investment.

Edited by Dave WM

One more question, what demographic seems to be going for these cars, is it old farts like me that want a weekend driver or young guys want to hot rod something, or some mix? If its us old guys then I see market saturation as a limit to the demand, or course rust may keep the supply in line with diminishing demand if that is the case. I suspect that rust will slow down a lot as they find there way into hands of old guys like me that keep them garaged and don't drive in the rain. Better get my windshield leak fixed or I will never get it out for fear of rain.

Edited by Dave WM

39 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

I agree. But aren't you going to miss the fuel injection?

Are you joking?  I was afraid of the su at first, the only thing I have with carbs is my lawnmower, but after rebuilding a set I'm more comfortable with them. The 240s are much quicker and more fun to drive. Nothing like the screaming sound of carburetors. When I get bored I may put some Weber 40s on one. I just so happen to have a set. 8^)

When the carbs are right they're rock solid. Less is best for me.

I like the heavier ride of the 280s on the interstate but not as much as my Camry.  I like back roads early in the mornings. 

There's tons of 280s around, not too many 240s though.  They've all been crashed.

The efi 280 would be great for a first timer.  I just need more room in my garage and the 240 is shorter, I can park my mower behind it and the door barely clears it.  

I'd rather drink beer and work on them than drive one. LOL

This would be an easy choice for me. I would sell both.

I would then find a 240Z sleeper lurking around with a nice body.

Then you really got something worth more than the other 2 put together.

And then only 2 Z cars. A win win situation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am selling this car. I wanted to keep my personal business seperate from the forum but I thought I would offer to you guys before I sale it for not much more than I paid three and a half years ago. I paid $5,500 and have a buyer at $6k. Everybody seems scared at the rust but I've seen much worse. Anyway it is what it is and I'll sale for what I can.

• 5 weeks later...

I waited out the nut jobs on craigslist and sold the 240 to a real nice guy from Baton Rouge, LA.  He calls them "tou fartee's", I could listen to him talk all day. :)  Posted one month ago tomorrow for $6,500 and sold it for $6,000.  I had between 50 and 60 people ask about it, got in a couple of cuss fights through craigslist reply function, thank god I didn't put my phone number out there.  There's some nut-jobs in this world.  Anyway, the Camry will get a good wheeling and it's spot back in the garage.  

7 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I waited out the nut jobs on craigslist and sold the 240 to a real nice guy from Baton Rouge, LA.  He calls them "tou fartee's", I could listen to him talk all day. :)  Posted one month ago tomorrow for $6,500 and sold it for $6,000.  I had between 50 and 60 people ask about it, got in a couple of cuss fights through craigslist reply function, thank god I didn't put my phone number out there.  There's some nut-jobs in this world.  Anyway, the Camry will get a good wheeling and it's spot back in the garage.  

Curtis really wanted that car too.