IGNORED

What's it worth?

siteunseen

I don't want this car as much as I do the garage space.  I've taken some pictures but my batteries are dead now and charging so I'll put some more up tomorrow but help me figure out a fair price please.

Car runs great, don't know the compression yet but I'll check it and post that too.  It's been in storage for 6 months and I got used to walking around my garage without hitting rearview mirrors. :D

Odometer shows 23 thousand and some change, I'd say it's 123 thousand judging by the rubber on the pedals.  It has A/C installed but not working, heater core was bypassed when I bought it so I don't know what's up with that.  It has had a shi**y respray, flaking off around the edges of the hatch and hood.

Help me please!  I'm not gonna give it away but I'm not wanting to make a fool of myself by asking some unreasonable price so any opinions would be great.

I've got the orange one that I like better so I'm selling this one.  It would be a good car to restore.

Thanks for looking,

Cliff

DSC01339.JPG

DSC01340.JPG

DSC01341.JPG

DSC01342.JPG

DSC01343.JPG

DSC01344.JPG

DSC01345.JPG

DSC01346.JPG

DSC01347.JPG

DSC01348.JPG

DSC01349.JPG

DSC01350.JPG

DSC01351.JPG

DSC01352.JPG

DSC01353.JPG

DSC01354.JPG

DSC01355.JPG

DSC01356.JPG

DSC01357.JPG

DSC01358.JPG

DSC01359.JPG

DSC01360.JPG

DSC01361.JPG

DSC01362.JPG

DSC01363.JPG

DSC01364.JPG

DSC01365.JPG

DSC01366.JPG

DSC01367.JPG

DSC01368.JPG

DSC01370.JPG

• Like 1

NADA Collector Guides

Original
MSRP
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
High
Retail
Base Price $4,106 $7,925 $18,100 $31,600
TOTAL PRICE: $4,106 $7,925 $18,100

$31,600

Hemmings motor news

The avg asking price is: $18,747

The highest is: $69,900

The lowest is: $5,950

Hagerty:

#1  $50,500

#2  $32,500

#3  $15,800

vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.

#4  $7,100

vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.

Collector Car Market Guide (their numbers seem to be lagging some but the AC add is a good tip)

1972 DATSUN 240Z 6cyl 2393cc (129hp SAE) 4M
  #5 #4 #3 #2 #1
Coupe 1250 3775 9125 14725 24300

Add:  
Air conditioning 5%
Deduct:  
Automatic transmission -15%
  • Like 1

Mine has some rust but a $5,000 paint job would make it just like this one, getting high bids with two days left.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-DATSUN-RARE-240-Z-SURVIVOR-CALIFORNIA-CAR-ORIGINAL-/381560716417?forcerrptr=true&hash=item58d6ca7c81:g:gc0AAOSwZ8ZW2Mxz&item=381560716417&rmvSB=true

Charles thank you for that information!  It's a solid #4, $7,000 car and the Alabama Indy Race at Barber's is April 22 thru 24.  A lot of traffic through here to the track by Highway 411, two blocks from my house.  There's my plan!

Oh yeah, here's the wheels that came with it.  I've got the scallops on there now like the bottom image.

56dc5b21252f0_240wheels.gif.1974fcd80e38

Cliff,

I tend to agree with you, several years ago I would have said $2-3k but now a days I see basket case "junkers" bringing that and cars like yours bringing $7-9k. I would say $7k is a reasonable price in todays market, I might even try a little higher $7,800 or so and negotiate from there. The ebay car has lots of great documentation but no pictures of the rear hatch lip or under the battery tray. It has rust in the doglegs, so I would suspect rust in other areas too. Your doors are a little worse off but they are not cost prohibitive. The ebay car is at $15,300 with 2 days to go. In the answered questions he points out the mileage at 128,000... your car is a desirable color with a neat interior, a new coat of paint and some rust repair and it would easily bring mid teens IMO...heres to success B)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've decided to put this up for sale in the next week or so, there's a couple of big races in my area coming up.  Honda Indy race at Barber Motorsports and then Talladega.  I'm going to spend the money on my garage. :D

It'll be on a few cities on craigslist.com, probably Gadsden Birmingham and Atlanta.  When I get it posted I will put the link on this thread.

Thanks

If I were going to buy it I would pay maybe up to $4000. There's heavy rust that we can see and some of it is in tricky places to repair like around the fuel door and door bottom with the curve. I can see rust pushing through the body filler in the dog legs and lower fenders. There also appears to be a lot of filler in the quarters as seen around the rust holes by the fuel filler. I've worked on a lot of rusty Zs here in PA and I think you'll find a lot of rust hidden under the body filler in the quarters. I hope you can get $7k but don't be surprised if it brings $2-3k.

Chuck

25 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

Best of luck with your sale Cliff.  Sad to see the persimmon one go though.

Interestingly, there is a 7/72 non running with many issues near Atlanta on CL.  He is looking for 5k.  You should have no problems.

Thank you kind Sir!  

I hate to sale it too, they're like money in the bank.  I'd buy another one tomorrow if I find a deal. :)

I'm so scared walking around down there, afraid I'll break off a side view mirror, something's got to go.

You're going lightly on the one in ATL when say some issues.  That things a dog compared to mine, I think the price for mine just went up!

I'll see how long it stays @ $ 5,000.  https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5480672690.html