IGNORED

54th Z Up For Sale?

lonetreesteve

Sure enough, a Series I 240Z sitting there, but is it truly a double-digit car? 

Has anyone tried to call this guy yet? The phone number is in the Craigslist listing under the 'Reply' button on the upper left hand corner or under Zed Head's copy of the listing in the 4th post of this thread under the "show contact info"

Series I in Spokane.png

Edited by lonetreesteve

Plenty of space on the property to bury bodies.  Could be how he acquired some of those cars. Just set a lure on Craigslist and sit back and wait for a bite.  This has all the elements of a "Silence of the Lambs" type movie thriller.  Anyone care to add to the story?  :o

Dennis

• Like 2

Originally, the 240Z in the yard on the Google Maps link that Motorman7 posted and the screen shot of the same link that I posted looked to be a Series I 240Z.  However, after taking a closer look, it appears to have a Series II rear hatch without the air vents and a '73 rear bumper (placement of the rear bumper guard). I was focused on the upper rear passenger side quarter panel that looked smooth, just as if the '240Z' emblem had been removed and at first glance, thought it was a Series I. The Google Maps picture is also over 2 years old, so this is probably a different 240Z.

That's a nice collection. I wouldn't hesitate talking to him. I've found collectors love to show their "projects" to fellow collectors (I think some of us qualify) and talk about all the cars and their plans to finish them.(Most of us can relate). Personally, I've found the more intimidating the the property looks, the better the chance of discovering a keeper. This guy's collection is a great example. And the Spokane area is a lot drier than the West side of the Cascades. Wish I was closer. 

The VIN number would determine if this is worth pursuing. Who knows. It might be a very early RUNNING  Z with repairable rust AND he says he has everything to repair it. (panels?). IF, it's complete and original with a very low VIN, $2500.00 may be a good price to the right person.

Top of the pic. Is that a 1st. Gen. RX7?