IGNORED

54th Z Up For Sale?

lonetreesteve

I had to copy the text of the ad before it disappears.  Too good to let get away.  Only 60 minutes left on phone!  blah blah blah

1970 Datsun 240Z - $2500 (Dogtown / Hillyard) 

5715.png5715.png5716.png5716.png
marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
4316 e longfellow

(google map)

1970 Datsun 240Z

condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: blue
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: hatchback

lotta interest in this car, the 54th Zcar ever imported into USA.

i'm not answering any emails and only have 60min left on my phone, so...

the car needs refurbished. the floor is rusted, as are the rear wheel wells. i just put a new clutch in it, and had the original bucket seats redone in gray mohair.

has original everything, and yes, it runs. i have all the stuff to restore her, but the car needs a new battery.

if interested, text me when you can come by to check her out.

michael p smith
4316 e longfellow
spokane, wa 99217

show contact info 

ps i was robbed recently or i wouldn't be advertising this ride for sale. So, no pictures of the car, no further details, blah blah blah.
i am firm on the price, too.

those who know, who are into cars, this car is a legend. text me, and come see.

9 hours ago, psdenno said:

54th Z imported into the US, he claims.  I wonder how he knows that or where it's documented.

Dennis

There is no documentation that I am aware of.  In fact, there is strong evidence that the cars were NOT imported in sequential VIN.  Consider that the car (s) delivered to Peter Brock, supposedly from the first shipment of cars in January 1970, had a three digit serial number.  I have records of HLS30U-00026 which was imported in April 1970.  This seller may very well have HLS30U-00054 which would give the impression of the 54th.  Either way, it's a two-digit VIN.

I googled the name and address info, WOW!  This is some weird stuff.  Molested as a child, killed a child later in life and went to prison.  This is a dangerous scam I think.  Nobody puts their name and address on CL, most people won't even put a phone number.

Newspaper article http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2006/sep/17/the-damage-done/

google search https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+p+smith+4316+e+longfellow+spokane%2C+wa+99217&rlz=1C1BOFA_enUS494US494&oq=michael+p+smith+4316+e+longfellow+spokane%2C+wa+99217&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I googled the name and address info, WOW!  This is some weird stuff.  Molested as a child, killed a child later in life and went to prison.  This is a dangerous scam I think.  Nobody puts their name and address on CL, most people won't even put a phone number.

Newspaper article http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2006/sep/17/the-damage-done/

google search https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+p+smith+4316+e+longfellow+spokane%2C+wa+99217&rlz=1C1BOFA_enUS494US494&oq=michael+p+smith+4316+e+longfellow+spokane%2C+wa+99217&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

If this is the same guy and it appears to be, he seam seams very open about his past. What a disaster....