IGNORED

Who's been MIA?

Marty Rogan

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Wishing you all the best Miss Sarah, you've been missed but cars are nothing compared to the horrible C word.  Best of luck in your future, the first 5 years especially! :wub:

Cliff 

The very same from me Sarah, all the very best of luck.

Hi Sarah

Good hearing from you even if the news could be better. These setbacks in our lives always seem, at the time, to be totally negative. However, in all negatives there are positives. At first, it's a stretch to find them and frequently it takes a while but at the very least they can bring out the best in us. The caring, nurturing part of us that gets shelved when we deal with ourselves to excess. Glad your friend has the love and support that she needs. My prayers for strength and healing will be headed your way.

Not to make light of your probable EFI problem but I couldn't help but relate it to a Urologist with a bladder infection. This problem should be easy for an Ace like you.

Best wishes

Mark

Wow, what an overwhelming response to the thread!  It's so good to hear from everyone even with the good and bad.  We are a small niche community and it doesn't go without notice if you're gone.  I'm so glad that we moved to this new software and have this new ability to call people back to check in.  @FastWoman may need help with her car in VA, so hopefully we have some people in the area who can help her out.  Cancer is a bad thing and most of us past 40 have had some exposure be it with a friend, coworker, or relative.  There are others we are missing and have lost.  My best wishes and prayers go out to all of you.  We started this club around people, and we will keep it that way. :)  Thanks for being a part of this fun place.

• Like 1

Another member we haven't heard from in a long time is @geezer (Ron).  I know he had some health problems a few years back, but I think he was doing pretty well the last time I talked to him.

Edit: I just noticed that Ron did have a few posts in 2015, so it's good to see he is still hanging around a bit.  He used to be a regular forum contributor.

Edited by Jeff G 78

Thanks, guys!  I'll pass your well wishes along.  Right now we're hunkered in for the storm.  We have plenty of food and gasoline, as well as a generator with about 1000 gal of propane.  The only logistic problem might be the trip we need to make to the DC area on Tuesday.  The appointment can be bumped back a week if needed.  The clinic there has been very good about accommodating the weather-related weirdnesses in our schedule.

The intermittent problem with my Z will be difficult to diagnose until it acts up long enough for me to go through a few diagnostic steps.  I've eliminated ignition, so it's a fuel problem.  Will confirm no gunk in the fuel (which is a bit old) when the weather clears (just need to peek at the Fram G3 on the pump intake).  The way the engine was dropping out (as though I were repeatedly turning the ignition on and off), I feel it has to be either the power supply or #1-pin trigger to the ECU.  There really aren't any other things it could be, except perhaps a bad ECU (for which I have a spare).

As I said, the sailboat is the #1 priority, but that will have to wait until spring.  Sailing is sanity for both of us, and the boat has a lot of deep sentimental value.  ;-)

Y'all stay warm, y'hear?  ;-)

Sarah

Hi guys, gals! I'm still kicking as well and drop in every so often to see what's shakin in the Z world. Thanks for thinking of me Jeff, I am doing great but did downsize my car and motorcycle interests. I sold my Z and my massive Z parts stash and my Z library to our buddy Brian (think he has 5 Zs now). I still have my touring Harley, Model A coupe hotrod and a new minivan and that's enough to keep me busy. I know that our shared love for Zs, means that another could come along at any time though. I have often wondered what became of many former active members and appreciated being notified of this thread. Keep on enjoying the ride! Ron.  

• Like 2

Good to hear from you Jeff as well! Yeah, although Brian is a member here, he seldom posts. Give him a shout and he can fill you in on what he's been up to. I can say that he has solved his space problems and has even bigger plans for the future.