IGNORED

Best Currently Available Dry Tire for 15x7

DaveR

16 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

I know, I know!  I want to get painted Futofab bumpers, but they never have both front and rear.

Well you better take care of it quickly or I'll have to call the Z Police!:blink:     Just a shame that Nissan had to hang those big chunks of steel out there to meet some safety code.......sure futzed up a beautiful design eh? People should buy cars to drive.....not to crash!!!:angry2:

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lumens said:

site, what spring kit are you running on both of yours? I like how they sit.

I am planning going new Eibach's on mine. Or maybe Vogtland springs.

The ones I have now are just way too harsh for the street. My tooth fillings are comeing loose.

In 2000 the orange 240 had some work done according to the receipts I got with the car.  It says "remove and replace front and rear struts; time includes cutting and clapsing coils".  I'm guessing "clapsing" means cutting out a round of the springs, collapsing somehow? 

The red 240 and the blue 280 are original springs. 

What are you using now?  

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

I used to run RT615K's on my race car.  Not a bad tire, but pretty out of date now.  They haven't made any major changes in about five years, while the competition have all come out with several new versions in that time.  Check out the Dunlop Star Spec.  https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+ZII+Star+Spec&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=245WR6Z2SS&tab=Sizes

Not too concerned about not being the " latest and greatest". But the Azenis 615 comes in a size that I like ( 215/45x16) . What I am most concerned about though is wet grip. From reports I have read, it rates fairly high for wet grip. That is quite important to me as we get a lot of Rain in the PNW .

What were your impressions of the tire Jeff? I'm not too concerned about competition use. I may run the occasional Autocross, but no Track Days. TIA.

Edited by Chickenman

The RT615K wasn't the best rain tire.  We had a race last year that was very wet and it was like racing on ice.  It didn't hydroplane much, but also had little grip.  The older RT615 seemed to be better.  Overall, I liked the RT615K though and would recommend it

19 hours ago, Lumens said:

site, what spring kit are you running on both of yours? I like how they sit.

I am planning going new Eibach's on mine. Or maybe Vogtland springs.

The ones I have now are just way too harsh for the street. My tooth fillings are comeing loose.

FYI my car shown here has Vogtland 240 springs.  It's hard to see the tire lines with the shadows in the pictures there. But maybe its useful to you. They are 14" wheels currently.  I have nothing to compare the ride to in my car, as I put them in before really driving it. But its not noticeably harsh at all, and I daily drive a Subaru STI. 

iJLsQsI.jpg

Edited by DaveR

On 2/18/2017 at 1:26 PM, siteunseen said:

In 2000 the orange 240 had some work done according to the receipts I got with the car.  It says "remove and replace front and rear struts; time includes cutting and clapsing coils".  I'm guessing "clapsing" means cutting out a round of the springs, collapsing somehow? 

The red 240 and the blue 280 are original springs. 

What are you using now?  

Thanks!

The springs I have now are black aftermarket. No marking. When I bought them from another guy he said they were Tokico. Did they make theirs black?

Maybe they had decals instead of printing and were taken off. The thing is they sat way too high for my liking. So I cut them to lower it.

Problem is that makes a spring even stiffer. Really have no clue what their rate was and are now.