IGNORED

Seeking Some Advice About The Dash

mjr45

I have an almost perfect 76 dash, but the problem is that every time I try to ship it, I'm hit with huge shipping costs. If anyone in the Toronto area can recommend who to send it to, I'd love to finally be able to sell it. I know this isn't the place to offer, but I've tried selling it 3 times and haven't been able to affordably ship the unit. It's in excellent condition with what appears to be a scratch (which can most likely be buffed out).

It's a shame to have it wrapped in a very well packaged cardboard column in my basement under a table because I can't get a decent shipping quote. Or maybe it's cause Canadian shipping quotes are always close to double. I dunno.

Take some good pics of the dash and put it up on kijiji, craigslist, OntZCar with this note, Buyer pays shipping.

I have an almost perfect 76 dash, but the problem is that every time I try to ship it, I'm hit with huge shipping costs. If anyone in the Toronto area can recommend who to send it to, I'd love to finally be able to sell it. I know this isn't the place to offer, but I've tried selling it 3 times and haven't been able to affordably ship the unit. It's in excellent condition with what appears to be a scratch (which can most likely be buffed out).

It's a shame to have it wrapped in a very well packaged cardboard column in my basement under a table because I can't get a decent shipping quote. Or maybe it's cause Canadian shipping quotes are always close to double. I dunno.

I'm in the same boat  as mjr.    My dash had a half cap that wasn't installed too well, so I tried to get it off.  There was a lot of silicone adhesive under it, so a lot of foam cam off too, as well as showing the crack that were already there.  I would restore it to factory specs just for the ability to get the gauges out, as well as having the center gauges fit correctly.  But alas, there isn't a lightweight  shipping box around, and the turn around is about 6-8 weeks...

Take some good pics of the dash and put it up on kijiji, craigslist, OntZCar with this note, Buyer pays shipping.

I'll give it a shot, but from my experience with every single car forum (including OZC), Canadians are generally cheap when buying parts, and prefer buying from the US because they think it's automatically in better condition.

I wish I could sell some of my parts for what they're worth, but Ontarians especially like to lowball the bajeezus out of everything.

I don't know if it Canucks or just Z guys :LOL:

I'll give it a shot, but from my experience with every single car forum (including OZC), Canadians are generally cheap when buying parts, and prefer buying from the US because they think it's automatically in better condition.

I wish I could sell some of my parts for what they're worth, but Ontarians especially like to lowball the bajeezus out of everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a bit, but I put on the new dash cap, fit was/is really bad looks OK from about 10', it'll be easier to remove since there is very little silcon that makes contact with the dash. I'm still looking for a dash I can restore and replace the current one.

Those may not work because on second look they are not very close to you even though I used your zipcode. They might ship though and one of them sounded like it might be in pretty good shape.