IGNORED

Screen Names - Where Do They Come From?

Bambikiller240

bemmerguy714

no hate bro, I'm also the exact same case as u! started my driving experience with BMW's, loved them and still love them :love: i couldn't even sell my E30 :cry: but I'll sell it now i guess because my sister and mother made some small accidents in it, well, u know, doesnt feel so much MINE no more :rolleyes: but I'm planning to get a 525i 1981 form my uncle seems classic a bit since they have totally changed after 710 years of production..

I hope no one will kill me for loving BMW's now :tapemouth

no offence, I'm a Z lover since i had the 280ZX 2+2 b4 5 years which i sold for study purpose , and I'm very glad and proud to have a 280Z!

I guess I'm in the club again now LOL

well, my nick name, maight be hard to understand and not as much funny as for us in the midle east :ermm:

here we go, BuDavid (without space) should be Bu David I just wrote it like this coz I couldnt enter it with space..

Meaning, in Arabic speaker's countries people are "nicknamed" by thier oldest child ( if they have one or more) and if they dont they also nicke named by standard names for such names like if someone called Mohamed (miy name:)) will be called Bu Jasem untill i have a child which i will be nicknamed after that by his name for an example if my son called Ebrahim I'll be Bu Ebrahim coz the term "Bu" or also "Abu" means "father of".. I hope that it is clear now :ermm:

why "Bu David" coz in arabic the name david is pronounced "Dawood" my friend called me Bu DAVID which seemed funny for us coz it is forignly pronounced (according to us ) that way so I kinda enjoyed it, it is a sort of unity of cultures, while David and the arabic format "dawood" refer to the same person! in religious history :ermm:

i guess most people wont get it also but it is ok..

nice theread!

Hey, Gunner,

I suspected as much.

Down here we'd refer to you as a Duck Plucker. (remember our rhyming slang).

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Hey! that's a bit like one of my pastimes Rick, a Pheasant Plucker,...well not really....., only sometimes.You see;

I'm not a pheasant plucker I'm a pheasant pluckers son,

I'm only plucking pheasants 'till the pheasant plucker comes. :classic:

..Why won't they let me have a few beers while I'm at it?

Jim.

I am Sakijo. It comes from the Okinawan tradition of giving out nicknames by friends. Yes, my family originally comes from Okinawa. I joined a Taiko club (drum performance club). We were out drinking with our Okinawan teachers and the subjct came up. I got Sakijo - meaning someone who's a "good drinker" or "someone who can hold their liquor well" It's definitely better than another guy in our group who got the name "Oji" which means "old man." I am Sakijo almost everywhere on the internet, except for eBay, where some guy from the Netherlands got it by combining the first two letters of his wife's and daughters' names - - - bummer - - - - who would think.

For Bambikiller, hey, where I come from (Hawaii), we have "Bambi-yaki" that's deer meat marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled over charcoal.

yes, kenz240z

I bealeave that emerging of cultures and languages is a very valuable thing, it is one of the highest characters of mankind!

and the Z, well, my Z s really an example of that, since it was braught from the US and because of that I get more knowladge about differences between spec's in Gulf and the US!