IGNORED

Screen Names - Where Do They Come From?

Bambikiller240

I've been meaning to post this question for some time, but for various reasons never got around tuit.

Where/How have you guys come up with your screen names? For some of you, it is obvious; i.e. Bonnie75209, 2ManyZs, Ben, Smokey, Mike, etc.

But for others, I'm really curious as to the stories, or meanings behind the names. Especially names like: ZmeFly, beandip, Zvoiture, Alfadog, Mr Camouflage, Cardogman1, 1 Bravo 6, santamaus, GunnerRob, and many others that I see periodically on the site.

So, if there is a story or meaning behind your screen name how about sharing it with us. Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks,

Carl

G'Day there Carl,

Why 1 Bravo 6 ?????????

Well, I spent the best part of my life in the Army and back in 1965-66 my unit was sent to Viet Nam and was attached to the American 173rd Airborne Brigade as their third Battallion.

My unit was 1 Batallion

Bravo company

6 Platoon.

Hence, 1 Bravo 6.

Rick.

Hi

Interesting thread!

Mine started 8 odd years ago when my brother had a nickname and I didn't. Everyone called him Effa (as in, E for Elliott). My name is Lachlan, and dad owned a couple of Alfa Romeos at the time so I thought it was fitting - Alfa. Later on in Need For Speed 1 the computer game, one of the default high scores was by "Alfadog". My brother thought I must have got the high score as I was Alfa... he always wanted to know how I got such a good time!!! After that I kinda adopted hte name Alfadog. It stuck :) On the Internet anyway. In real life people call me by my real name.

Alfadog could also be taken as another word for 'Top Dog' (Alfa = A = First = Top). What pisses me off is when people spell it Alpha. The spelling came from Italy, not Greece!!! It gets on my nerves even more when people do it on the Internet, when they can clearly see how to write my name!

OK, who's next?

Carl you never mentioned the story behind your name "BambiKiller240"?

Since I really don't have much of an imagination or a nick-name I used my first name. I know kind of sad:cry: .

From a comedy skit/sketch show.

There was a reoccuring skit with a guy in camouflage gear that was called Mr Camouflage.

When i stated uni about 5 years ago I got a emaill account and had to think of a name for it, because i didnt want to be craig smith onebillion-fivethousand-eighthundered-and-seventy two.

And Mr Camouflage sprang to mind.

tanny

Not very original. Around 1900 Italian immigrant grandfather changed his name from Iannidinardo to Tanny(Irish) to try to fit into the Irish neighborhood where they lived. I inherited the name in 1950. Vic Tanny's gyms, bla, bla, bla. Exciting. Let me take a guess at Bambikiller reasons: You like to kill those poor little soft eyed yearlings and forks. Excellent! Great eating. Sorry if I'm wrong and you are a vegan and belong to PETA. I worked for Colorado Div. of Wildlife for 20 years(raising trout) and take great pleasure from hunting and fishing. Great moniker. Oops, didn't realize the name was your car. Guess you must have hit a deer at some point.

aside from being a die hard Z guy, I am also a hard core music person and part of a concert promotional staff. I do all of the audience and soundboard taping for all of the concerts we promote.

My login name comes from one of my favorite Dead songs. The music sites I am a part of, my login name is datsun... however I think when I tried to register that it was already taken.

I was tapping trees one early spring and watching the sap flow into buckets, which is how I came up with sapruns.

Living in Maine for the last 20 years and hearing about maple syrup being produced here I became fascinated with the fact that you can make a hole in a maple tree and boil the sap down to produce this addicting sweet stuff.

I've been producing maple syrup for the last 16 years.

post-3024-14150792501115_thumb.jpg