IGNORED

Rear lights

Sean Dezart

The "European" tail lights for the 240 are now a very scarce and pricey item. One of the members here bought one if not THE last set available as NOS, and he paid a bundle for it. Although some people chided him for it, he has them and no more are available.

Now maybe we can convince Alan to scour the boneyards in UK, let us know how much to buy and ship the lenses to either individuals or one individual with the will and means to polish, repair, or otherwise make good.

That MSA and V/B have them in their catalog is no guarantee that they have them in stock, or have the ability to order them.

2¢

Well, there are some of the euro lights still in the US, but they are not being sold at least for now. The last new set I saw was being offered for 300 each.

As far as a set of new US spec taillights Too Intense has a set right now on Ebay, but the price is going to be fairly high.:ermm:

Check out their web-site and their auctions, they do have some hard to find parts available. Since they have become one of our latest advertisers on the site, take a look and if you buy something, let them know their advertising dollars are working for them by mentioning our site!

Here is the link to Too Intense Restorations auction site on Ebay:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=intense04&completed=0&sort=0&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Missed out a set at my local Nissan dealer by a couple of months :cry:

The parts guy (who is another Z-man) said the sometimes Nissan re-release parts, so there may be hope.

I don't know how Nissan decide which parts to re-issue. Maybe it's based on the number of requests?

Assuming it's based on the number of requests, I propose that everybody grab the phone, ring your Nissan dealer and try to order:

* A set of tail lights with the trim panel

* A body shell with all hanging panels and glass

Come on, it can't hurt!

When I went to Japan last, I asked and people looked at me like "you want this? why...." anyways long story short i paid Japanese retail for them which came out to like $300~400 roughly for the set....

the point is that in japan they certainly are not NLA

Just an FYI.

-e

• 3 weeks later...

Sean are you after the ones I have on my Z? Check my photo gallery I believe there the ones your after and if so we have the same ones as the european ones. In America do you guys have red turn signals aswell as the red brake lights?

If so when I said I want a set I was talking about a set of US spec ones just to be different. I'm not willing to swap but if I ever come across a good second hand set here in AUS maybe I'd swap those for your existing tail lights.

If there US spec that is.