IGNORED

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

deadflo

Like my MGB before it, I get lots of comments about my red 240Z. Seems like 50% of the population over the age of 35 has a Z story - either they owned one, a family member owned one, or they know someone who owned one.

My Z does get alot of attention, but it is extremely rare around here and people usually do not know what it is. Frequently see people pointing at it as I pass by - occasionally feels a little too conspicuious.

This morning when going through a Tim Horton's (coffee shop) drive through four young maids squeezed out to the take out window and one said in sweet tone "We love your car, Is that a Porche?" I was a little disappointed but hey - they did notice. I told her it was a Datsun (no lights) and explained it was thirty years old, she replied "thats so cool" (good enough for me).

That's not uncommon - many times in parking lots as well.

Like my MGB before it, I get lots of comments about my red 240Z. Seems like 50% of the population over the age of 35 has a Z story - either they owned one, a family member owned one, or they know someone who owned one.

For some reason its full of MG's here. I must of seen at least 10 MG's. Yet only one S30.

Also loads of ferraris, mercs, bentleys, porches and other high end exotics.

The community I live in is full of extremely rich (I mean stincking filthy rich-average home price $1.5 million) people who drive extremely nice cars. While I may glance at thier Porsche, Bentley, Jaguar, Masarati, or Rolls Royce, they are the ones staring at my car as I go around a corner or through the intersection.

One guy pulled up next to me in his brand new Escalade at the grocery store just so he could say "That's a nice car."

While the majority of "normal people" don't notice it (or care about it), it is nice to know that I have a car that even the richest of the rich envy or reminist about.

BTW, I am not one of the wealthy people. I happened to find one of the few affordable apartments around.

Here its like a mix of wealthy and average people. Its kind of hard to explain if you dont live here because one street is average/below average area and 3 streets down is 2 million dollar houses. Usually the old hispanic people that recognize the power of the S30 down here.

People definately notice the Z when i drive it. I always get a thumbs up or a head nod. There aren't very many S30's around here (maybe 4 or 5 that I have seen), but there are a few ZX's and all of those guys appreciate the Z. The only thing I've noticed is a lot of people call it a 240Z or ZX. But without the bumpers I guess it could be mistaken for a 240.

Sometimes I even watch other drivers as they go by on the roads to see if they are looking.

Haha funny how that is, I do the samething some times!

I'd say 50% of the people that I pass or see give it a look or if I'm out washing it in the driveway or something, they might ask about it. Now that it's painted and stands out more, I've noticed it getting more attention than when it was when primer.

I've too also found that none of the 350z drivers pay any close attention or give a wave. I'm always curious to see if they do, but as far as they know, they probably don't even know what it is!:ermm:

aOOH YEAH :)

First time an old lady walked up on her way into a store, smiled and said

"NICE CAR!"

I smiled back with my shades on and felt HAPPY :) :)

Let's see.. Old lady, that make her about what, 45? ROFL

(I read your profile to check your age...)

One of my sons tells me that all of his friends have gone out of their way to tell him what a strange/weird/ugly shade of green my car is painted. So it got their attention...

My oldest daughter still hates the car because her first several boyfriends were, from time to time, as interested in it as they were in her...

Before I put the badges back on the car people used to tailgate me through town trying to figure out: "What is that thing?"

Some guy in a BMW Z4 chased me for over a mile to get close enough to read the badges, then turned another way. Apparently a Datsun was unworthy to be seen following...

So yes, it gets some attention. Not as much drooling as an old Mopar or other muscle car gets, but it attracts attention.