IGNORED

Do people notice you in your classic Z on the road?

deadflo

This is a follow up to my post about seeing 240-Z's on the road.Many folks mentioned getting lots of attention from others on the road when their in their Z. Plus the oft quoted line in most ebay sales that "this car turns heads". I think it may depend on where you live. In the Spokane area, I rarely get any attention at all! Sometimes I even watch other drivers as they go by on the roads to see if they are looking. But that does not seem to be the case. This seems to be US made muscle car territory as far as enthusiasts go.

When someone does wave or notice the car when Im getting gas, it really makes my day, but it has only happened a handful of times in the last few years. It does seem like more younger folks notice,.maybe because they have hardly ever seen a 240-Z before.

Just ask Leah, I can't go ANYWHERE without getting Thumbs up, or the words "WOW, Nice ride dude, sweet Z man, or That's the best looking Z I've seen in years, Damn, ya don't see those very often and that ones NICE"

Must just be the area. I actually got a note on my car the other day, while parked at the local "Fred Meyers" grocery store. My back window says "It's a Z thing, You would'nt understand" and some lady wrote me a note that said....

" OH I totally understand the "Z" thing, I left my husband of 10 years after he wrecked my 72' Z" She said "that was the last straw" and she was either gonna leave him or KILL him. Easier to leave and not have to hide the body, I quess.

I can't go any where without compliments or nods, thumbs up, or little kids pointing and asking their parents what it is.

Dave.

... It does seem like more younger folks notice,.maybe because they have hardly ever seen a 240-Z before.

You can problely thank Gran Turismo video game for that.

First thing I did when I bought my first car in that game on PS2

(a Nissan Skyline Gts-t Type M J' 91), J meaning Japan model, was get a

1998 Sonic Silver Metallic JDM 300ZX then imediately went looking for the old school

1971 S30 Fairlady 240ZG which I won in a race and came as Grand Prix Moroon :)

I have to drive my z on my days off because i get pulled over by local pd because they want to talk about the car. i don't mind really, just gives me a chance to show off my baby. it never fails when i get gas, or go to a grocery store someone always notices the z LOL.

Why dont the 300zx or 350z people ever notice my classic Z?

They don't wave or notice cause they either......

1) don't have a clue that the 240Z is the great grandfather of the Z and the car that started it all.

2) we're out of their league or vice versa.

3) they're too busy figuring out how all the bells and whistles work on their car to pay attension to the road.

I see alot of older folks driving the 350Z's and younger guys (younger than me - 36) in the 300ZX's

Every once in a while a get a nod from other non-S30 drivers. But funny enough is when I get good nods from Vette and Camaro drivers. Weird but true.

and of coarse the typical "REV" from a ricer now and then.

Dave.

All three of my Datsuns get noticed when I drive them. I'll be washing the 810 and someone walking by will say 'nice car' or 'what year is that' (as if they have a clue what it is), or something along those lines. Someone invariably comments or waves when I'm driving the Z or getting gas. The truck, well you can't miss it. It's bright red, fairly clean, and unique in this world of mega trucks and suv's. Of the three, it's the most noticed. But then, this is Southern California. Year round driving of classics, special interest, muscle, etc. cars, lots of car stuff going on all the time so it doesn't surprise me.

I get the usual "what year is that?" from guys in big trucks, and occasionally a 'nice car' while getting gas. A couple weeks ago, a guy with a bike doing the crosswalk gave me a thumbs up.

Sometimes, while at a cruise-in, a guy with his little kid will start telling him "It's a Z car" and stuff like that. One guy mistakenly told his kid "It's a 240ZX." :(

thxZ