Whats under your hood?

carguyinok

Whats under your hood?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Whats under your hood?

• Pure 100% no mods
    • pure w headers
    • Stock block & head with diff. carbs
    • Stock block & head but changed guts (pistons cam so on)
    • stock block changed head
    • Nonstock motor but still Nissan
    • V-8
    • No motor yet

Stock, port and polish head, turbo oil pump, cam of a 260Z,

2,5 inches exhaust custom made, tokico, eibach, and all internal parts of the engine rebuilt, bref, un nouveau moteur!!! in break-in period.:sleepy:

• 2 weeks later...

My 1972 240Z is stock except I put in new 70-71 carbs that I got from motorsport auto, and I do mean new they had found about 50 pair of new 70-71 su carbs and when I ordered rebuilt a year ago they offered me the new carbs for $200 more. Other wise my Z engine is 100% stock.

Hi all,

in my '73 240Z I have a RB26DETT Nissan Skyline GTR engine. I have changed the factory twin turbos with ceramic turbine wheels (known to fall of at high boost) to a single Garrett ball bearing turbo.

This sits on a custom equal length runners exhaust manifold and has plumbed up to it a 45mm external waste gate. Spent gasses the pass out the back through a 3 inch full length stainless steel exhaust and muffler.

The engine also has cam gears and an Autronic SM2 ecu which has rotational idle, antilag and traction control features (as well as ignition and fuel control).

In my '77 260Z (2 seater of course!) I have the standard L26 with E88 head. I have just changed those awful flat top carbies to the dome top SUs from my '73 240Z. Plans for this car is a complete stroker engine from Japan with individual efi throttle bodies and programmable ecu.

Well I guess thats "all" that I have for now, one turbo and one N/A, what should my next one be???? (I'm looknig for an early # 240Z to restore to full factory specs, anyone want to donate their cars for sale to a good home?)

Take care all and happy zed motoring.

"In my '77 260Z (2 seater of course!) I have the standard L26 with E88 head. I have just changed those awful flat top carbies to the dome top SUs from my '73 240Z. Plans for this car is a complete stroker engine from Japan with individual efi throttle bodies and programmable ecu.

Cuong Nguyen, Hey I thought the 260z was only made in 1974... someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway whatever the z is... thats cool...:classic: I started to type whatever it is but that doesn't sound right... like when people call the baby a it... its just wrong

port & polished head, race cam, new springs, pads, arms, new piston rings and bearings, with stock pistons, electric fuel pump, into triple weber carbs, k&n filters, new timing components, MSD ignition 6al with pertronix ignitor, magnacore wires, aeroquip hoses and fittings, all smog components eradicated

No of the poll options fit me perfectly but I did vote Non-stock, but still nissan.

I have 1 '73 240Z with...

L-28 w/E88

Triple Webbers

Header

Non- Stock Cam

I am now on the planning stages for total re-do of the car.

In the engine department I bouncing back and forth between...

LS1/T56 Engine tranny combo (V8 and 6-Speed)

and

L-28 (possibly stroked) with

TWM Fuel injection

SDS Fuel management / Distrutorless ignition

Turbo

I still have lots of body and suspension work before I get to the point where I must decide which direction to go with the powerplant.