Whats under your hood?

carguyinok

Whats under your hood?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Whats under your hood?

• Pure 100% no mods
    • pure w headers
    • Stock block & head with diff. carbs
    • Stock block & head but changed guts (pistons cam so on)
    • stock block changed head
    • Nonstock motor but still Nissan
    • V-8
    • No motor yet

Whats under your hood? There has been alot of talk about the best combo. But wonder how many Z's we have here that are pure ( the way they came from the dealer) VS. Done up with Nissan combos or V-8 power?

There are so many combos out there so I just put some gen. mods on the poll. If you wish please list your mods.

Chevy 350 Four Bolt main, Edelbrock Intake, Holly 600 cfm Carb, S&S Block Hugger Headers, Dyomax Sidepipes, Pertronix Flame Thrower HEI PerformanceDistributor, 50,000 Volt Flame Thrower Coil, MSD 6A Ignition Box, Taylor Spiro-Pro 8.5mm Ignition Wires, SplitFire Spark Plugs, Moroso Multi Million Dollar Battery Box, Holley Blue Electric Fuel Pump, Flex-a Lite 400 Series Nylon Ultra Light Flex Fan, TH- 350 Tranny with B&M Street and Strip Shift Kit, B&M Mega Ratchet Shifter, Edelbrock Aluminum Victor Series High Volume Water Pump. Ground Control adjustable Racing spension with Eibach 250# ERS springs and Tokico Gas Shocks, BF Goodrich Radial TA Tires 225x70x14 on all four corners Sway bars - 1 1/8 in front and 3/4 in back, MSA Strut tower Bars front and back. :tapemouth

Chevy 350 Four Bolt main, Edelbrock Intake, Holly 600 cfm Carb, S&S Block Hugger Headers, Dyomax Sidepipes, Pertronix Flame Thrower HEI PerformanceDistributor, 50,000 Volt Flame Thrower Coil, MSD 6A Ignition Box, Taylor Spiro-Pro 8.5mm Ignition Wires, SplitFire Spark Plugs, Moroso Multi Million Dollar Battery Box, Holley Blue Electric Fuel Pump, Flex-a Lite 400 Series Nylon Ultra Light Flex Fan, TH- 350 Tranny with B&M Street and Strip Shift Kit, B&M Mega Ratchet Shifter, Edelbrock Aluminum Victor Series High Volume Water Pump. Ground Control adjustable Racing spension with Eibach 250# ERS springs and Tokico Gas Shocks, BF Goodrich Radial TA Tires 225x70x14 on all four corners Sway bars - 1 1/8 in front and 3/4 in back, MSA Strut tower Bars front and back. :tapemouth

Damn, wha a ride

ROFL

The mods on my 240Z: Rebello 3.0L engine, bored SU carbs, about 270 HP, tokico springs and shocks, polyurethane bushings everywhere, four piston calipers in the front, disc breaks in the rear, 1 inch sway bar front, 3/4 rear, close gear ratio 5 speed, 3.9 R200 rear end, spicer u-joints, shorter steering nuckles, strut bars front and rear, and a subtle body kit, I just love that Kaminari front spoiler with the head light covers.

Stock L24 Block, E31 head, cam, valves, springs, crank, rods, flywheel.

Pistons are 40 over - crank, pistons, rods, flywheel all balanced - damper helps smooth things out.

Turbo oil pump, external oil filter and cooler.

Stock round-tops with tapered needles - runs 104 octane race fuel.

Aluminum radiator with electric fan.

Electronic distributor trigger with MSD 6-AL box.

Exhaust gas temp gauge on #1 and #6 cylinder.

Holley Blue fuel pump.

SCCA ITS Legal - and very fast!

other than routine maintenance (filters, plugs, belts, wires, etc.) 100% original...

I think even most of the hoses and hose clamps are original (2nd owner).

I would like to replace all the hoses with new ones but want to use clamps and hoses that look like the originals (original hoses have like a rubber braiding, instead of the hoses today which are flat and shiny with printed part numbers, etc.). Anyone know where I can get parts like this???