IGNORED

What is wrong with the 350Z?

hls30.com

What is wrong with the 350Z?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What is wrong with the 350Z?

• 1) Nothing but nitpicky stuf!
    • 2) Too many accountants telling engineers/stylists what they can't do.
    • The wheels aren't right.
    • No forced induction version.
    • Too flashy interior
    • the interior is not flashy enough
    • The car wasn't ment to be a part of the grocery getting lifestyle.
    • Too many gizmos.
    • Fit and finish leaves a little to be desired.
    • Nissan didn't build in some performance that the after market charges too much for.
    • OMG it IS ugly!
    • It is too beautiful to drive on the street
    • Looks too much like a frog to be taken seriously-until you get left...
    • it is a mismash of design-elements are used once instead of repeatedly.
    • Are you nutZ the car is da bomb!!

I sat in one and didn't like anything about it. To me there really isn't a soul to the car. Every 240 I've met has a presence that can be felt. I know this sounds whacky but it is the best explanation I have. It is an OK car but shouldn't have "Z" as part of it's name. They should have never come out with a convertible Z. It kind of reminds me of Metallica's old music vs new. There is no justification for commercialized crap for the masses unless you are greedy and want to make $$. A true spartan sports car is all that is needed if one truly wants the Z as part of the name.

Besides being too heavy, too TT like, too underpowered, and so unlike what Ford managed to do with the new Mustang, you have to ask yourself just one question; "In 30 years will the 350 be as loved as the 240 is today?" Maybe that should be the poll question instead........

Besides being too heavy, too TT like, too underpowered, and so unlike what Ford managed to do with the new Mustang, you have to ask yourself just one question; "In 30 years will the 350 be as loved as the 240 is today?" Maybe that should be the poll question instead........

That actually was the first question I talked myself out of-I am not managing you, so there is no point in asking a question we all already know the two letter answer to...

Will

A friend of mine brought his girl friend's 10 year old grandson over today. Said 10 year old is a self taught car nut. Really fun to talk with, the kid absorbs car stuff like a sponge, and is surprisingly knowledgeable.

He likes most anything automotive, and can spout specs and such from any modern sporty car, including the 350Z. But when we went into the garage to look at my 240Z, his jaw dropped. His comment was, "Cool! Why can't they make cars like this today?"

Out of the mouths of babes...

I agree with you about the new 'Stang! I rented one to journey from Vegas to the Grand Canyon South Rim. From the moment I got in it I felt like I was driving a real car. (As "real" as modern mfg can get) I had just spent a year restoring a friend's 1965 mustang so I really appreciated some of the details used in the new car. Doing mach speed through the AZ desert was much more fun in it than using a Hyundai etc...

Just wish they could do the same thing with a retro Z. Unfortunately the Asians like forward moving change and high tech too much to go retro in that fashion. I have several asian friends who like nothing but the latest, newest things so I feel comfortable making that statement. No slur against asians intended I admire the fresh thinking my friends use.

Jim

having owned 2 350's i must speak on there behalf.

i love it.

it looks good, handles great, its just quick enough and fast enough to get you into trouble.

it was built to drift.

now by no means is it a classic 70 240, but its by far the best n/a z nissan has made.

i have owned every body style, every year to 87, and a 90 tt.

and the 350 is by far the most fun a stock z has ever been.

i only wish nissan would factory tubo it, because with 100 more hp, it would be stupid fast, and sideways all the time.

the brakes(the brembos) are fabulous. the traction control has saved me more than once.

my first was an 03 track. i would drift it around every turn i could. within 6 months, and 13k miles the tires were bald.

now, in my 05 annivesary i am "older". at 5k i havent drifted or done a single burnout.

but i still love it.

but i also love my 83zxt and my 77zg.

besides, the worst z ever was the 87-89.UGLY.

only good for parts :)

....... There is no justification for commercialized crap for the masses unless you are greedy and want to make $$.

Last time I checked, that seemed to be general intent of the auto industry.:)

There's nothing wrong with the 350Z. The philosophy has changed quite a bit since Mr. K brought the S30 to us. It's of a different era than what we generally discuss here. Apples and oranges.

The 350Z, for all intents and purposes, is a chopped down G35. To me, that's what's wrong with it.

I can see what they were trying to do, because they got a lot of the performance aspects right. But my guess is that Nissan's engineers made a lot of sacrifices in order to maintain the shared platform and, like someone else said, they lost a lot of the car's soul in the process. Personally, I find it a bit odd that the wedge-shaped body reminds me less of the G35 and much more of the last-generation (ugly) Toyota Celica, though....

The price to performance ratio is pretty good, and the car looks okay enough. But it doesn't say 'Z' to me.

While waiting for my FX-35 to be prepped I got the chance to test drive a new Z. It was fun to drive, quick off the line, cornered nicely and braked well, which was what I expected.

My complaint is the same for all vehicle manufacturers, no one makes a stripped down version. I'd like a BIG motor with great suspension and brakes. All the other whiz-bang/creature comfort stuff can be left off the vehicle. I'm satisfied with manual windows, mirrors, seats, etc. and an AM radio because all I listen to anymore is talk radio.

Bruce