IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

Checkout this site

http://www.imcdb.org/

Just saw another Z that apparently isn't listed on the IMCDB site. There is a red 280Z 2+2 that appears on screen for about a minute. I think it's driven by one of the characters. Didn't watch the whole movie. Also thought I'd include an image of the poster/VHS cover from the 1979 B Movie starring one-time Charlie's Angel Shelley Hack called Death Car on the Freeway that's supposed to have a Z in it. Found the image on eBay. Wish I'd had a 240Z back in 1979 when I was a senior in high school.

post-5416-1415080108604_thumb.jpg

post-5416-14150801086165_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

There are a couple Z cars in this on, but you've got to be quick to see them

The first is visible as the helicopter (opening sequence) is setting down.

The second is seen later on, but I don't recall just where.

• 1 month later...
Just saw the original Gone in 60 Seconds and during the Mustang chase they drive by a Datsun office/factory building. It's right before they get to the Mazda dealership.

I just watched the original gone in 60 seconds too. Was cool to see the Datsun office and Mazda dealership with the RX-3's in the showroom.

There was a green 1200 coupe at carwash when they stole the tv stars car (I forget his name, I'd never heard of him anyway), and I spotted a few 240z's in the street driving scenes, most of them parked.

But more interesting to me was, why was there a blue 240Z in their warehouse of stolen cars? It's not on the list of cars they were supposed to steal in the movie. Maybe it was originally but never made it into the movie, apart from being parked in the warehouse. Or maybe it belonged to someone associated with the movie, or was just a customers car that was in the guys shop at the time they made the movie. (The guy that made the movie ran a repair shop, and thats where the shop scenes were filmed).

You only see it for a second after the mustang drives past it, when they are going to dump the mustang.

Yeah, I saw it a couple of days ago. It was a commercial for Allstate Insurance Co. for their website, Nowwhat.com. I think it was about a guy showing off his car ( 260 or 280 2+2) to a friend and finding it completely stripped and on blocks. It's funny,I had just finished reading this thread earlier when I saw it.

Adrian

AWSM 73Z

Anyone seen that commercial where a guy is taking a perspective customer (private sake) to look at a car in a parking lot, and when they get there it's stripped? Damn shame I say!

8-26-2007

Just caught part of what I believe was an insurance commercial - see how much attention I pay to TV ads - in it is what appears to be a red or reddish-orange 260/280Z that has been stripped. No doors. Car is in a back lot with what looks like a For Sale sign on the windshield. I think one guy was showing the other guy the car. He says something like "They didn't get the stereo." Seems to make him happy. Funny, I had just flashed on thinking of Z's in commercials and this one comes up. It shows the car for such a short period I hope they run it again so I can check it out better and find out what the commercial actually is. The car looked like a 2+2 from the little I saw of it. Gary D.