IGNORED

Save TopGear the BBC TV Program

NZeder

I'm not familiar with the political workings of the UK and how they can influence television in that country, but considering the fact that Top Gear is shown in pretty much every country except America with nearly a billion fans, I doubt the BBC would just roll over and drop it over an accident. It's not like anyone got killed...

How powereful are web petitions anyway? I saw one a while back to get Nascar pulled from the Speed channel...lot of good that did...

How powereful are web petitions anyway? I saw one a while back to get Nascar pulled from the Speed channel...lot of good that did...

There was an article about the guy who started the Speed channel in Road and Track or Car and Driver within the last couple months. They were talking about Speedvision and it's decline into Speed, and all that. The guy was well aware of the internet petition and it was mentioned in the article. But the channel was bought by outside investors and there was just too much $$$ in the NASCAR for them to turn it away. You can't blame them from a business perspective. To me it seems like the perfect opportunity to start "The Road Racer Channel" and not show the NASCAR crap. Evidently not as much $$$ to be made, but sometimes its not about being the richest F'er on the block.

There was an article about the guy who started the Speed channel in Road and Track or Car and Driver within the last couple months. They were talking about Speedvision and it's decline into Speed, and all that. The guy was well aware of the internet petition and it was mentioned in the article. But the channel was bought by outside investors and there was just too much $$$ in the NASCAR for them to turn it away. You can't blame them from a business perspective. To me it seems like the perfect opportunity to start "The Road Racer Channel" and not show the NASCAR crap. Evidently not as much $$$ to be made, but sometimes its not about being the richest F'er on the block.

I would hope that SPEED Channel would notice the internet clamoring, as I hope the BBC does. The owners of SPEED have a predisposed market that they can sell to, and I'm not talking about the OvalTrack corporate drivers and watchers (another left...).

They would do very well if they (SPEED) did develop another channel, one that is in the original vein of Speedvision (such as "The Road Racer Channel/from track to Rally racing...). The Discovery network is a prime example-Discovery, TLC, History, Military, Disc. Kids, Disc. Health...

The matter with the BBC is different. What the internet petitioners (us) are doing is showing how terribly upset we will be should they pull TopGear of the air.

Advertisers will lose customers because we will stop watching the BBC. Even here in America, we've got the BBC World Service, and the local advertising that goes with it.

So, yes, internet petitions have their uses. Corporate sponsors pull network strings, and we pull thiers. If we pull strong enough, the sponsors will notice.

Keep spreading the petition word (power to the people)