IGNORED

OT-Carl Stahlnecker Died June 16th

ChrisA

This is certainly some sad news. I was disapointed when Carl stopped contributing to our club as well. He was very helpful to me with a few private emails on how to fix some stuff on my car. Pretty cool for a guy I barely even knew. God Bless his soul.

I was disapointed when Carl stopped contributing to our club as well.

For the record his halted participation was only partly voluntary. He was banned from the site in late April of this year and his account was completely deactivated buy the admin of the site against his wishes.

I was debating whether or not it would be appropriate to mention this here but there have been several hints that he deserted the site and I thought the situation should at least be partly clarified. It is a VERY long story, and impossible to tell here due to the active censorship of the admin. I'm personally getting a little tired of having all of my posts deleted so I think I'll sign off as well.

Conversations with Carl reminded me a lot of conversations with my father. Don't ask a question, and expect a sympathetic answer. Answers were always straight shots that may make your day, or rub you the wrong way if you were the sensitive type. Did not know Carl well, other than some conversing with him through this site. He seemed to be a "what you see is was you get" kind of fella. I admired that. Rest In Peace Carl. You will be missed.

Very sorry to hear about the passing of Bambi Killer. You could almost always guarantee that when you read a thread, his contribution would be there. From reading everyone's messages here, it sounds like he spent most of his days and nights on here helping people.

RIP Mate.

:disappoin :disappoin I never met the man but, I have lots of help from him and others. But I know all to well that 54 is too young, my cousin died of an enlarged heart at 18.:disappoin Death comes to soon in life and here is a quote " life is like a box of chocaltes you never know what your gonna get". And to the family of to whom we knew as " Bambikiller" death is a part of life even though it is hard to bear it comes for all of us, R.I.P. Bambikiller.:disappoin :disappoin

Although I did not know Carl personally, I think we can all agree that we knew, well, what a fine, sincere, person he was through his contributions to this site.

When Carl stopped contributing to this forum on a regular basis, many expressed concerns for his well being, and tributes to what he has meant to this club.

I am certain that Carl read our concerns and expressions of gratitude for his many insightful contributions, and knew how much he was appreciated and respected.

Thanks, Carl, and Peace Be With You, Always.

Carl will be missed, I may have been in and out of the site. But have spent what could be months or maybe even a year total with my butt logged into this site. Of that time I would almost always took the time to look over his postings. We didnt see eye to eye on everything but I feel thats one of the main reasons I will miss him so.

Gods speed Carl & I know you have one of the first Zs that left this world and got up there.

It is a very sad news,54 years old is too fast to pass away.

Carl gave me a lot of good replies when I post here,thank you very much.

I am now looking back these old thread to know what you told me.

May you rest in peace Carl,

kats

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd finish this thread with some final thoughts.

Carl's Mom called me today. Carl's sister printed out all our responses on this thread and those on the link Enrique posted. She asked me to thank all of you for the "very kind words" we left about Carl. She said it made her feel a lot better and "warmed her heart".

He was buried at St. Augustine cemetary in Pleasanton along with the ashes of his beloved cat "Momma". It was a family only service but I assured her that Carl's friends were there in spirit.

I told her that I'd promised Carl I would get out to Cali and visit him someday. She told me to come visit her too! I told her it was a date.

From myself, I'd like to thank all of you also for the kind words.

Chris A.

P.S. Will, you wondered what they might find in his garage? Sometime I'll PM you and tell you. LOL

This very sad news. I can't believe I've missed this thread for over 3 weeks!

I feel priviledged having actually met Carl. On one of my trips to a school in Northern California, Carl and I got together and hung out for a day. We had a great time. He offered plenty of advice and help when I was searching for my Z and when I found one down around L.A. he offered to go take a look at it even though he lived something like 6 or so hours away.

He was a good man and I will always admire his honesty and willingness to help others.

-Godspeed Carl-

Nate