IGNORED

OT-Carl Stahlnecker Died June 16th

ChrisA

That's truly a shame. He was a wealth of knowledge and willingly shared it with all on this site.

You'll be missed, Carl.

PS He's probably still watching over us.

You have to chuckle at his sick humor. Donations to the Humane society for a guy named Bambikiller.

Carl, we're going to miss you and your wit. May you rest in peace Z brother!!!

P.S. There is no doubt in my mind that Carl will talk St Peter into driving a 240Z....God already drives one!

That's truly a shame. He was a wealth of knowledge and willingly shared it with all on this site.

You'll be missed, Carl.

PS He's probably still watching over us.

You have to chuckle at his sick humor. Donations to the Humane society for a guy named Bambikiller.

If you do a search for screen names and why you chose them there is a post by Carl about how he 'accidently' came into his name via one spoked dear. Can't remeber the whole post, but I do know the car made out bad.

I spoke with Carl's Mom today. She said it was a heart attack. He was with a friend mid week and the friend had dropped back by the house later in the week and found him.

We spoke a little about his enjoyment of the Z car and I told her that he was very helpful to many people on and off this site regarding their own Z's. She seemed glad to hear that he was helpful. I'm not sure I could ease her pain much but I tried. Even as a parent myself, I can't imagine what losing a child must be like.

Carl's request for donations to the Humane Society stems from having had a strong love of cats. He always had one or two and just this year had to put one of his oldest ones to sleep which pained him greatly. He even took in the occasional stray when he could manage it.

I know that many of the members here were sometimes taken aback by his strong personality. I was at first. I guess he and I became friends because we're a lot alike.

Carl often came across as a "know-it-all" but that was just Carl. He strove for perfection in everything "240Z". As some of you have mentioned, he had a vast amount of knowledge about the car.

It may surprise some of you, but last April when my Dad died, Carl was extremely caring and supportive. We talked at long length about the effect losing a parent has on an individual. I learned a lot about the man. And it was all good.

I salute his military service, his devotion to his Mother, his expertise with Z cars and his compassion towards animals.

I will sorely miss him. The older brother I never had. I just wish I'd known him longer.

Peace,

Chris A.

I am shocked by the news. I just sent Carl a joke by email about a week ago I think. We used to forward jokes to each other. Especially the dirty ones. He particularly like those. LOL.

Sold him a set of Mulholland springs. Don't know if he ever got them installed.

I know he liked cats too. I also had to put my 14 yr old cat to sleep 2 years ago. That was rough.

Oddly it is exactly one year ago today that another friend died while riding his Harley to an annual HOG fest here in Wisconsin.

I will miss your bad jokes Carl. We had fun.

Paul Newman said about his fellow Datsun racer Jim Fitzjerold when he was killed. Where ever Jim is I know he must have a hellova ride!

Same goes for Carl.