IGNORED

Part # for 240Z windshield??

LanceM

my 71 240z windshield have a car-lite logo etched in the bottom middle, is this original winshield that come with the car??

No, the original windshield says Nissan on it along with some other info and the etching is located on the lower drivers side of the windshield.

By the way, I found a NOS one still in the original Nissan box locally a couple of weeks ago. Someone bought it and a lot of other NOS parts for a restoration that never happened, fortunately for me.

-Mike

Mike B--

Would that be Julie that you bought the windshield from?? :cry:

Arne sent me the link to the craigslist listing and I e-mailed her.

She said a guy was coming to look at it and if he didn't buy it she would sell and ship it to me, as it was still in original packaging.

She E-mailed me later that it had sold. :disappoin

The original price was righteous enough!

I envy you left coast guys. You are so close to where the action is for Z car parts. :tapemouth

Being a landlocked backwoods Z car nut is tough here in the Land 'O Swine!! :dead:

Have you gotten it installed yet?? How'd it go??

Any pointers for the rest of us??

All in good humor---- :ogre: LOL

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

Yep. That was her. I knew I better move fast on that one. She said someone in AR had emailed her asking her to ship it. I went to pick it up after work that night and there were all kinds of other parts on and around a work bench that she was going to include with a rebuilt 260 motor she was also selling. I saw a braided upper rad hose and asked her if I could come by on Sat to look at all the other parts and make a deal for those. Once I dug through everything, I got a whole car load of NOS parts still in the boxes that her husband had bought several years ago. Haven't installed the windshield yet. It will be going in #237 eventually.

-Mike

Mike B---

Sounds like a very fortunate deal indeed!

Thanks for solving the puzzle---and I'm glad you got it for #237.

Jerry--

Not to intrude---but who was your PM sent to? I guess I'm a little confused!

If it is, or becomes available, I would like to discuss it with you.

Thanks --- and many pardons if I've butted into a discussion you are having with someone else.

Jim D.

Mike B---

Sounds like a very fortunate deal indeed!

Thanks for solving the puzzle---and I'm glad you got it for #237.

Jerry--

Not to intrude---but who was your PM sent to? I guess I'm a little confused!

If it is, or becomes available, I would like to discuss it with you.

Thanks --- and many pardons if I've butted into a discussion you are having with someone else.

Jim D.

Lance if he is interested, if not I will let you know. I believe Lance lives here in Indiana.

Jerry

I know this might sound stupid and would get alot of grief on another website. My windsheid has a scratch from the PO when he used the wipers and the rubber was worn out. Can this be fixed. I don't drive it if there is rain predicted but in Florida you never know.

There are several suppliers of glass polishing kits. Eastwood has some great products too. I use one of theirs with the polishing wheel and powder. It works very effectively. The trick is following instructions precisely. You can screw up a good piece of glass rapidly.

After dealing with the series one original glass, that was pitted and I could barely see out of it, it cracked ;-(

So, my insurance company paid for a replacement that was a PPG and it only cost me $50. I did have them replace the gasket too. I did remove the wipers, the dash trim and visors, so there was no chance of damage from the install.

You should of heard the words coming out of the installer when he was putting in the chrome trim. However, the upper passenger side corner was damaged, and now I need to find one of those!!!

Sure looks great looking through a clear window after 29 years!!!

ENJOY THE RIDE....

Bob

Has anybody purchased a front windshield from Black Dragon?

My 240 is coming out of the bodyshop in approx 6 weeks and need to try to figure out what to do. I remove my original myself with no injury to the glass but I would like to have a unpitted, unscratched glass to go with my restoration. I'll have a glass company to do the install.