IGNORED

Wow! Set of 4 "D" Wheel Covers for $1,247.00!!

lonetreesteve

dkd021,

I find it hard to find much of anything NOS (early Z related) for under $50....NOS hubcaps? I find it hard to believe there is a big stash sitting around out there somewhere. May be wrong and I hope I am, cause I need 2 1/2 sets myself.

Inspection door clips...Chris W, Carl B., please put me on that list for 3 sets....Keep em away from Ebay please..... :nervous:

david

I definitely lucked up finding the one I did. I have heard stories of certain people having boxes of them stashed. I don't necessarily believe it either but I wouldn't doubt if there's a place or two with some rare parts on a shelf somewhere.

Ah...that's why we didn't see them over here.

Wonder if 003 had them?

Good one for Gav240 to pick up from and ask.

Yeah hopefully he comes along on Sunday for the Concours event at Southbank but i haven't heard he is going and I dont know if he's a NDSOC member.

I have not met the guy but my friend is good friends with him and is actually fixing up car 189 for him aswell.

We will have to wait and see.

Gavin :laugh:

When the whole inspection lid clip thing started, I wondered how many cars remained that would use such an obscure part. Evidently a bunch. Stay tuned, Dave. I'm gonna dog this because I have some other "obscure" parts in mind, as you know.

I think some of what we are seeing is a realization that the obsure stuff is getting harder and harder to find. One of the things no one has discussed with respect to the hub caps is WHAT hub caps they were. Sure, they were 'D' caps, but WHICH 'D' caps? Anyone pick that up? When was the last time you saw such a nice set of those? In the scheme of things $1,200 might not have been so bad.

Would love to hear a clip report from you, Gavin!

Those inspection clips went for over $200.00 usd to one of this site's members. Same with an owner's manual to someone else - $130.00 usd.

The world has gone mad here too I see :stupid: No offense- I've bought an original radio for 128.00, and still wonder why- maybe it's ebay and the perceived pressure to raise that bid!

I watched a 1970 Dodge go to $220,000 usd 2 days ago, I don't think it

reached the reserve. Koito headlamp assemblies for over $400.00 ? I'm out.

The wife needs a new kitchen, I would like a hot tub. :D

Unkle,

Got a bit of sticker shock? An 'A' quality Hitachi AM radio with the face plate and antenna switch is worth far more than $128. I was surprised to see the owner's manual go so high, but I know who bought it and there were three other guys moaning about loosing that auction. That was a 1969 published manual - seriously rare. I'll bet I have talked to four or five people who were interested in the clips. Those headlight assemblies came with brand new cans, wiring, and the gaskets. Try to find just the gasket!!! There seems to be quite the demand for the very early stuff in 'A' condition. Prices are beginning to approach what it would cost to restore an old original piece. As I write this, I just got out sniped by a fellow member on an item I haven't seen in a long time and need. (Congratulations, you dog!!! :classic: ) The demand is out there and as much as I hate to say it, parts just aren't appearing like they used to.

That explains why the car on the cover was turned slightly, not a straight side picture. I just bought a manual from a supplier ! Almost mint for $40.00,

published 15th November, 1970. So you figure what is an original am radio worth? You mean I could have paid more ? :pirate:

I paid $175.00 for the original '72 am/fm Hitachi radio a few years ago. It also came with the original speaker and it still has the cadium (sp?) on it. Very nice product for the price........at least I thought so.

I realize early first Z's (69-70ish) items are more rare but I think OEM radios are one of the hardest items to find as this is normally the first thing the owner changed out. At least radios that funtion and are in good shape.

JMO

Vicky

I paid $175 for a pristine AM radio well over a year ago. I had to be "introduced" to the seller and the deal took a couple of months while I was "qualified" to buy such a treasure. I moaned about paying that much for a radio I had no intention of ever turning on, but it is original and correctest for Her Majesty. The bottom line here Unkle is that if you are going the show quality original route, its going to be pricey. There are several people in this group who take great pride with their accomplishments of correctness and originality. I know I will. Tough crowd to keep up with, frankly. I did notice at the national convention last June how many people gathered around the original cars. There is serious pride to be had for all the effort and money.

See you this weekend, Vicky? Bring rum!

As promised, inspection lid clip pictures. This is 63209-E4101, the plastic clip and the inspection lid (thank you Princess 27 for lifting your lid). The original clips were painted along with the body. Notice the slotted bracket welded to the lid and how the clip slips on. The parts book lists these up to July '73, but I think they were replaced earlier.

post-4148-14150794544011_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150794544188_thumb.jpg