IGNORED

Stock or Racing Seats

Gav240z

Racing or standard seats  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Racing or standard seats

• Original refurbished.
    • Racing seats.

Alan, the seats look great, but I stockers are comfy. I haven't sat in the Datsun Sport seats, but I sat in some seats that looked very similar that were in a Mini cooper MK1( It was a Morris 1275S and it was very cool.) and the seats were very uncomforable and my head hit the roof. Lowering the seats would be a good idea. Good luck with the seats Gav. I agree with a vintage looking seat too and it doesn't have to be Nissan. I was just making a suggestion.

Take care

Hi Gav,

have a look at a pair of black SAAS seats, racing style with the harness holes in the headrest but with the adjustable back rest. ive had mine for a couple of years, they were a pain in the arse to fit ( i used the original seat rails :dead: ) but they are good on a track, good for long drives and look S*!T hot. most decent auto part stores in Oz can order them in if they dont have one lying around. check out www.saas.com.au

edit : the seat is called the dominator

What a response, I really like some suggestions Ben you are right I do like the original option bucket seats and have spoken to Alan before I have no idea what they'd be worth but they would really suit the Z. I don't mind modern seats so much but I know what you mean Alan.

I was thinking of getting the originals buffed up a little but we will see.

It's pay day today so i'll check what I've got and what i can part with maybe wait a little longer so i get what i want :cheeky: .

Keep voting :)

I always wanted a set of Recaro's, for the simple fact you could mix and match the bottoms and backs to fit what you wanted. Don't know if they still do it that way or not, but at one time you could use the back that had the type of bolstering you desired with a seat bottom that had more or less bolstering depending on your personal preferrence. You could use an adjustable seat bottom with a non-adjustable back and vise-versa.

Most of the aftermarket seats have a selection as to how much bolstering you desire. It's all in what you want. The biggest problem in a Z is finding one that is narrow enough to fit.:disappoin

Miata seat would be my choice, I've sat in a couple of Miata's and the seats were pretty comfortable, even though the rest of the car wasn't, at least for me.:ermm:

gave 240z now you sound like a polition LOL

Keep voting
just messing with you man.

I like the stock seats in a sports car. To me it adds more life to the exspirence of driving the car.

But i havent never actualy driven a sports car ROFL

But i hope to get mine going before long so i can be a batter help around here. Heck i ask to many questions and dont give enough answers LOL.(well atleast correct answers anywayROFL

Originally posted by HS30-H

I can tell you that ( honestly! ) the "U0175" Sports Option 'Datsun Bucket' seats are not actually all that comfortable.........

I will swap you a set of PRISTINE Skyline C110 seats for your uncomfortable black buckets with shiny bits on them. These seats are very comfortable and have the added pleasure of being bouncy! No longer will your hard-as-rock suspension cause havoc on that tail bone.

Only because youre a friend, though! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Seriously, though, I always thought those seats were awesome but looked like they would make it impossible to see over the bonnet, because they're so LOW. Obviously this is not the case, as they're too HIGH you say! Am I reading right?

edit: Gav, I voted for stock. No other seat looks quite right, unless you can find some period-correct racing bucket seats like Alan suggested...

Originally posted by Alfadog

I will swap you a set of PRISTINE Skyline C110 seats for your uncomfortable black buckets with shiny bits on them. These seats are very comfortable and have the added pleasure of being bouncy! No longer will your hard-as-rock suspension cause havoc on that tail bone.

Dont forget Lachlan, not only will you experience bounce and softness.. but you'll have ABSOLUTELY NO LATERAL SUPPORT! so when you're going fast around tight corners.. OH LOOK! it's the door! *thump* OH LOOK! it's the centre console *thunk* SO make sure you hold onto the steering wheel tightly :) .

I've been contemplating changing my seats, perhaps going with R32 ones, not sure whether they fit or anything I just like 'em and it's still a Skyline, so that's always good :)

I've got a Recaro sp-a and another fixed back recaro from a rally car that is too old to have a model name that can be remembered.

I used to have a pair of sparco Evo's from a previous car but unfortunately their shoulder wings rubbed against the door cards no matter how much we fiddled about with the mountings.

The recaros are significantly snugger and less padded / less comfortable. But then again, the whole seat with side mounts weighs less than 5kg!

The hard part is mounting the buggers.

Originally posted by HS30-H

Gav,

How about a 'period-look' bucket seat? Something that looks like it might have been roughly contemporary with the car? The CORBEAU GT-8 was always a good choice ( especially in black corduroy and vinyl with the chrome vents ). I think Corbeau still make them, and you can get them to make you a 'custom' colourway / fabric combo as far as I remember. I'd honestly advise you to stay away from anything that looks too modern unless you have other details on the car that fit with that look. To my mind, modern race-style seats can look very jarring in an otherwise early-Seventies period car.

:

I agree with Alan. Stay away from the ‘new look’ old seats. I also am looking for nice ‘in period’ seats. The bucket seats I like very much.

Someone posted Porsche seats also great looking and similar to the Datsun!!

here is a link to the Corbeau GT-8

post-1340-14150793762565_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by kyteler

Dont forget Lachlan, not only will you experience bounce and softness.. but you'll have ABSOLUTELY NO LATERAL SUPPORT! so when you're going fast around tight corners.. OH LOOK! it's the door! *thump* OH LOOK! it's the centre console *thunk* SO make sure you hold onto the steering wheel tightly :) .

ROFL ROFL TOO RIGHT!!! I thought my Z seats were unsupportive............... then I met Miss K. They are awful! But they look just sooooo niceeeee!!