zed2

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

20160403_180138[1].jpg

Shot a test panel to try to pick a color for Cody's 510

These colors are all "orange" from top to bottom

That's from memory and it's not what it once was. I substituted a hardener so it was curing slow and my paper stuck in  the first color. He likes 022 the best...

056 is really not orange, I like it, but it's more like Garnet... 

• Like 3

On 4/3/2016 at 11:02 PM, rcb280z said:

She looks fantastic Greg.

It looks great in person, too. I got to see it yesterday.

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

20160403_180138[1].jpg

He likes 022 the best...

Now I understand why some people call the #918 Mexican Orange, it has more umber tint to my eyes, not truly orange like the 022.  I like the 022 too. :)

9 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Now I understand why some people call the #918 Mexican Orange, it has more umber tint to my eyes, not truly orange like the 022.  I like the 022 too. :)

It does seem to be a little brown or something. It is a really classic color but it doesn't have the "pop" the 022 has 

• Like 1

I always look forward to seeing pics of Guy's collection.

I haven't done much with the Z cars lately since spring hasn't sprung here yet, but I did pick up a new toy.  I bought a 996 and drove it 2000 miles home from Phoenix.

IMG_0607c.jpg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Still like the 022 best?B)

My sample of 918 doesn't seem to be as orange as yours. I wonder if that's the brand of paint? The sample at the top of the hood is 918, almost mustard color, not really orange. Guy is your paint single stage or BC/CC?

Charles....It's a 2 stage paint (I believe it was PPG). We matched the original color under the windshield rubber. Orange and red paint really look different under artificial lights. It looks completely different outside (natural light). Either color looks great on the Datsuns IMO. Good luck....can't wait to see it! Under the hood paint is original paint....you can see how it matches.

image.jpg

image.jpg

There is a Georgia Z Club meeting today, so I drove the Z to work. I told one of my coworkers to park next to me.

Drive Your Z to Work.jpg

• Like 2

Took out my 4.44LSD to be looked at and hopefully get rid of the whine it has.  Put in a 4.11 open diff and it makes a lot of noise.  No whine, but another noise I cannot really describe.  It has new bearings, so suspect is that the pinion/ring gear specs aren't correct - too tight? 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:35 PM, Diseazd said:

Good luck....can't wait to see it!

Thanks Guy, I have been planning on single stage but we may go BC/CC

Dropping the engine back in this weekend : )

Cleaned up the engine bay a bit.

Im so interested in seeing how the cheap triple 45s will perform when the engine is broken in. My friend how builds my engine also has build a similar engine for his car and that one is already back in his car and seams to run well. But it's not broken in yet.image.jpeg

My friends car:

IMG_6628.mp4

Got to attend Zup's birthday get together yesterday with family & friends.

Cake.jpg

Some of the guests  ...Guests.jpg

• Like 1