IGNORED

280Z Fuel injectors, which ones to buy????

dmorales-bello

A couple of the fuel injectors on my "78 280Z (originals) are beginning to foul up so I've decided to change all six once I pull the fuel rail. Searching I've found very different offers form ZCar Depot ($79 each + $0.60 per O ring),  MSA ($63 each, all included) and Zcar Source ($149 each). They all state "NEW, not refurbished. The MSA injectors have a black body, maybe plastic? The Zcar Depot and Zcar Source injectors seem to have a silver metal body (but I'm just judging by the pictures).I can't find any posts with straight recommendations as to which fuel injector set to buy and why so I need help, please. Thanks in advance.

Post the links to the injectors and people can tell you about them.  Some of these companies just take common injectors, like available on Rockauto or from OReillyAuto and add a markup.

The Standard brand injectors seem to get good reviews.  I had BWD brand for a while and they were good but I think they might be discontinued now.

Injectors don't typically foul up if they're used often.  How do you know?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1978,280z,2.8l+l6,1209260,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector,6224

Hi Zed Head, thanks for the response. The mechanic pulled the injectors and put the them on a test bench today and two of them failed. The car was running rough with low idle and everything else he tested on the FI checked out ok. They are the original injectors and I don't drive the car much.

7 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Get a Pallnet rail! Then you can swap out to 11mm or 14mm injectors with similar flow rates and resistance. I am running supra 310cc injectors in a Pallnet 11mm rail.

SASSZ says hi...!

That's on my "to do" list but not at this moment. Wanna keep stock for now (surprisingly ! lol)

• Like 1

I don't think that there is any aftermarket brand that is outstanding these days.  zcarsource seems overpriced.  I'd add up the cost of clamps and seals, and think about getting seals at OReilly if you want to save a few bucks.

This is more of a spreadsheet and convenience calculation, I think.  Don't be surprised if they are out of stock and delayed by months.  COVID19.  Might make your choice for you.

6 minutes ago, wheee! said:

I have stock injectors on my spare blocks. You are welcome to them. They ran well for the couple of times I idled the engine before teardown.

SASSZ says hi...!

Are they Nissan brand?  I had a set of old rusty 1978 Nissan injectors that were perfectly balanced on my home-made tester and worked fine.  I'd use old Nissan over new aftermarket.

Who is SASSZ?

Mine are Nissan so I think I will have them refurbished and keep them as spares and install a set of new ones from MSA. Moto Man sells refurbished Bosch injectors at about $30 each, which might be a good choice as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk