IGNORED

New gas wont start

Wally

5 hours ago, Wally said:

OK, i put in a new fuel pump with spacer and gaskets. I hooked up hoses and tried to start. It still wont. It cranks and turns over good just seems like not getting gas.

Did you verify proper contact of the eccentric on the actuating arm?

Here's some good stuff.  You can test the pump by hand.

• Wow 1

If it happens again, the needle valves of the carbs (are in the top of the fuel bowl) are sticking. clean them by spraying some carb cleaner into them..  if it happens more after that, replace these little needlevalves (watch out these can be 2 different ones for the front and rear carbs!)

As the fuelbowls have air outlets, you can blow air into these needle valves without a problem.. then your sure they are open.

Also were could you buy the new pump?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wally said:

I bought from local oreillys. They ordered it but came in next day

Aftermarket quality on mechanical fuel pumps has been abysmal. I tried one on someone's car. I removed it and used the diaphragm from it on the old fuel pump. The old fuel pump was fine with the new diaphragm.

• Like 1