IGNORED

Life lessons from CZC.com

siteunseen

I've read time and time again on here about matching proper components with each other. My best example is the hottest motor with old ignition system.

I bought a really nice television and after all the hassle of getting it home and hooked through all my stuff was very disappointed with the outcome. I was frustrated and about to box it back up and get a cheaper no frills tv, much cheaper. Then the light bulb flickered in my noggin. 

I need the newest version cable box from xfinity. It'll be here in a few days so until then I'm watching stuff through the internet source and it's amazing. 

My eyebrows melted.

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Better watch out. The new ones listen to your conversations and start slinging ads for whatever you've been talking about haha.

I used to worry that the government was listening until I realized that I really don't matter to them. Google on the other hand, really cares about making sure I get the best deal on a refrigerator or heat pump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Television has changed considerably over the years. As a boy, dad refused to get a color TV as he felt the technology was too new and too expensive, so we always had black ac white.

Of course TV was broadcast via the airwaves, and we got 3 channels, ABC, NBC, CBS, and sometimes, with the right amount of aluminum foil on the antenna we also got PBS, and a local independent station.

When I moved out on my own, a television was a luxury, so I didn’t have one. That changed in 1986 when I fractured two thoracic vertebrae. The doctor said I could go to the hospital ad be in full body traction for six weeks, or go home and lay on a sheet of plywood for six weeks. 

I chose the latter.

On my way home from the doctor I stopped by Sears, ordered a color TV, stopped by the cable company and ordered cable. The next day the TV was delivered, the cable guy came and hooked me up, and I lay on my back watching TV for a month and a half.

Today I have a 55” flat screen in the living room, a 55” flatscreen upstairs in my man cave, a 30” flatscreen in the bedroom, and not one, but two flatscreen TVs in my shop, a 40” and a 60”.

I record almost all racing related programming, and mostly watch car related programs.

• Wow 2

21 minutes ago, Racer X said:

Television has changed considerably over the years.

Part of the reason that people had kids in the 1950s and '60s was so that there was someone to get up off the couch, walk across the room to the TV set, and change the channel, adjust the sound level, or stop the horizontal roll.  The world has changed.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Racer X said:

Of course TV was broadcast via the airwaves, and we got 3 channels, ABC, NBC, CBS, and sometimes, with the right amount of aluminum foil on the antenna we also got PBS, and a local independent station.

HA!  That brought back a memory.  We got NBC - channel 29, and PBS, sort of... and CBS "kinda" if the weather was "odd".  Nowadays, I bet I watch less than 4 hours of TV a year.  I do watch movies and some series on Netflix... occasional movies on Amazon, and a lot car related content and some premier league soccer highlights on Youtube.  

Projector and screen in the entertainment room... and a 45" (I think) that I barely use... in the main living area.  

Recording and watching auto racing sounds like something I'd like.

By the way, the people they use in television commercials now generally disgust me.  I guess that is a far as I will go with that.

Edited by inline6
  • Like 4