IGNORED

Is the Zcar Depot dead?

ensys

I owe Z Car Depot an apology on the gasket issue.  Looks like I ordered a 510 gasket instead of a 240Z exhaust gasket. Not sure how I made the mistake, but will need to be more careful next time.   Since the 510 gasket works for now I will leave it.  Lesson learned here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motorman7 said:

I owe Z Car Depot an apology on the gasket issue.  Looks like I ordered a 510 gasket instead of a 240Z exhaust gasket. Not sure how I made the mistake, but will need to be more careful next time.   Since the 510 gasket works for now I will leave it.  Lesson learned here.

You may want to remove your original post to be fair to them.

• Like 1

Wanted to chime in here.  I’ve ordered a bunch of parts from zcardepot.  They’re generally pretty good, with some hiccups.  One is they never pick up the phone.  Leave a message and they don’t return the call.  I think its more a function of the inability to handle the work load.  The owner Ryan seems like a good guy from the few interactions I’ve had with him.  He’s running parts for Dodge Vipers also.   I found this out accidentally.  I needed new front and rear inner tie rods for my 2000 Viper and they’re almost impossible to find.  I found a set on at a place named Viperpartsdepot.  Sent them an email to ensure proper fitment and got a fast response.  I ordered the parts and that evening i checked my email and got a PayPal message with a $250 charge to Zcardepot.   I hasn’t bought and Datsun parts recently.   I emailed Zcardept and he responded he runs both online parts fro both Vipers and Z’s.   I think the guy is overwhelmed, but he ships fast and I’ve never been left hanging like Zcarparts. They left me hanging for months and never told parts were backordered.  
Here’s the screenshot of the email Ryan sent me.  

F27AF413-AC1D-4714-8998-DC2A6A8789C8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered several things yesterday from Zcardepot. Shortly after I ordered I remembered I needed a gasket. I sent them an email last night. This morning I got a notice that the order had shipped. I thought, oh well, I guess they didnt get my email. A couple of hours later I get an email saying "Here's an invoice for the gasket, just pay it and will will drop in the box, we are holding the shipment for you". Hard to beat that kind of attention. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, emccallum said:

Ordered several things yesterday from Zcardepot. Shortly after I ordered I remembered I needed a gasket. I sent them an email last night. This morning I got a notice that the order had shipped. I thought, oh well, I guess they didnt get my email. A couple of hours later I get an email saying "Here's an invoice for the gasket, just pay it and will will drop in the box, we are holding the shipment for you". Hard to beat that kind of attention. 

This has been my exact experience with them...more than once.

27 minutes ago, Route66 said:

I buy from Zcar Depot through their Ebay store. Not sure how many items they carry on their website, but they have something like 1,560 items on their ebay store.

https://www.ebay.com/str/zcardepot

Are the prices the same on Ebay? I would think they would charge more on Ebay as Ebay has pretty high fees. 

Since I'm new to the Z world, I searched for factory & repro parts sources online & found ZcarDepot along with several other sites.  They were the only one (besides MilkFab, but they are specialty items) that responded very promptly to email questions, and also to order modifications (which has happened several times now, as I have found I missed one thing or another to complete a job). 

• Like 1