IGNORED

Name Those Springs

I get excited when I see yellow springs. KW makes my favorite suspension. 

I don’t recognize yellow springs other than racecomp. Total toss in the dark but can you tell if they were painted perhaps? Maybe scratch near the end to see? I’ve seen it done before 😅

I would start simple... Are you sure they aren't stock with overspray from a previous paint job?

And if for some reason you are convinced that they are aftermarket, I would start simple... Which of the aftermarket versions are constant pitch (not variable rate) and are long enough that they don't leave a gap when the strut assy is off the car like in your pics.

Some of the aftermarket stuff is so short that it results in a gap when the wheels are left hanging. It doesn't appear to be the case with what you have there.

All good suggestions and comments.   I am a simple man.  I like simple things.   I wish this rear suspension was simple to get apart.  Nothing but trouble so far as you can tell if you look closely at the picture.   Heading down to my shop now to see if I can get those half shafts out, then the axel's and backing plates.

Wish me luck...

• Like 1

Thanks Jim, trying to pull out of this food debacle from the ball field. Be careful with that spring compressor. I know you’ve done this many times as I have but it’s just as scary as the first time you tried it!!

thanks,  Jim

Finished disassembling the rear suspension as far as I need to go with it.  

For anyone pulling the axles, the shop manual shows using a slide hammer, tried it with a big one - the axles laughed at that attempt.  Put them on a press... and they came right out.

press.jpg

struts.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1