IGNORED

77 280z Restoration

Av8ferg

Totally agree, cars today are far too complicated and some can be blamed on government regulations (some good and some bad) . I mostly blame the manufacturers as they constantly try and out do each other. They think they’re making things better when actually they’re making it worse. Example: I hate electric parking brakes and push button starts. Push button starts has only introduced more problems. My key fob battery died and the car wouldn’t start.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Our daughter just got a new Nissan. She showed me all the bells and whistles it had which included "push button start". The look on her face, when I told her my 49 Chevy had push button start was priceless.

Don't know which '49 Chevy you had but my wife's '50 chev 3100 had a "push button" start before we hot rodded it. It was a foot "push button" that activated the solenoid for the starter.

Starter button.png

We have modified the truck a little since we inherited. It was her dads and she drove it in high school over 50 years ago.

DSC03954.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

My main job was to keep him from unloading his pistol unnecessarily. It's located under the intake.

?? His pistol is/was under the intake ??  OH you mean the starter was under the intake!  Nice place to hide it.. now you have to disassemble half the engine to get to it! pff..   I can understand if your friend wants to empty his gun on such a car-enginedesign.. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Don't know which '49 Chevy you had but my wife's '50 chev 3100 had a "push button" start before we hot rodded it. It was a foot "push button" that activated the solenoid for the starter.

Starter button.png

We have modified the truck a little since we inherited. It was her dads and she drove it in high school over 50 years ago.

DSC03954.JPG

I actually had two old Chevys back in the day. A 39 long bed pick-up and a 49 deluxe coupe. As I recall the 49 had a push button starter and the 39 had a starter pedal that you stepped on to mimic a starter solenoid.

• 3 weeks later...

Dan sorry for the late response.  This is the First Alert Brand for auto applications.   I picked it up at my local hardware store ($25).   I think both Lowes and HD have them.   I used a piece of angle iron and mounting it to the existing seat bolts.   I’ve purchased a different mount for the bottle itself .  It comes in this week and I’ll post new pics.   This current mount impedes the seat from moving forward.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...