IGNORED

New to me, 280Z...

dar5052

@Zed Head thanks for the links. I’ve narrowed down the other connector to the floor temperature relay. Does anyone have a picture of it to help me locate it in my bin of parts? I found the attached that fits but not sure if it’s the correct one. Any help is appreciated. 

20240116_210748.jpeg

I found what seems to be the part number but can't find it in the drawing.  Might be that the Bosch part has the same function.  Seems like it would have a bimetallic strip inside that moves as temperature changes.  If there's no strip it's probably the wrong part.

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/electrical/electric-unit-switch/section-2/280z/37

image.png

By the way, I think that if the car is a Federal model it won't have the sensor because it won't have the catalytic converter.  If the car is a California model the label on the door jamb will say "CATALYST".  If it's Federal it will say "NON-CATALYST".  Not sure if they left the sub-harness in anyway if it doesn't have a converter.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
spepling
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

I went with everyone's recommendation and had the glass installed with the original rubber seals. I'm just going to leave the chrome inserts out. If any needs them, reach out. I know I have the entire rear glass section and a bunch of random corner pieces. 

Other than that, interior is basically done with the exception of a one or two trim pieces and the headliner. 

Next things to tackle is the motor refresh....20240330_173054.jpg20240213_204022.jpg

• Like 1

I think it is for putting the string into the fold of the windshield weather strip, feed the string through the tube, place the tube in the fold, hold the end of the string and pull the capillary tube through so the string stays in the fold.

@zKars has some photos of one he made.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1/4" brass tubing. 5 or 6 inches long.

Only flared on one end to help get the 3/16 nylon rope I use into the tube if its a bit frayed.

I stuff the non flared end into the groove and drag it along feeding the rope into the tube to deposit it in the groove. Super slick. Gone in 60 seconds!

IMG_9193.JPGIMG_9192.JPGIMG_9194.JPG

Edited by zKars
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, zKars said:

I stuff the non flared end into the groove and drag it along feeding the rope into the tube to deposit it in the groove.

And while he does that.. He plays the record with Madonna singing: Get into the groove !!  👍LOL

• Haha 2