IGNORED

Pulling L28 engine

ennisdavis

Normally the engine has some pick up points front and rear.. like this one.. (L28 of my 280zx)

20210830_154311.jpg

A balancer and a hoist is very handy and don't cost a lot of money.. be sure that you fit them to a beam that is strong enough to support the load of the hoist.. (i got myself a giant H-beam that easely can manage the weight. (over a ton.)

Edited by dutchzcarguy

Thanks dutchzcarguy for the great pic and info. If I wanted to Goggle every question there would be not need for a forum. Think about that for a while. Not really excited about using the aluminum threads in the head to lift the engine. Was thinking of using on of the rear bellhousing bolts but that doesnt leave me an option for the front.

If the car has been worked on in its life, those lift tabs are often missing, Easy enough to make something similar. The rear one was on the last exhaust stud IIRC. 

I have even pulled a motor and trans out lifting from the engine mounts with a tractor. LOL (parts car)

2 hours ago, ennisdavis said:

If I wanted to Goggle every question there would be not need for a forum. Think about that for a while.

Did you even bother to click on the link that @siteunseen politely posted? When you do a google search that includes classiczcars.com, the result are primarily focused on this forum.  A lot of times you get more focused results than by using the search button on this site. In Site's example you get the following, and if you click more results, you get 3 plus pages of relevant results from our forum.

image.png

I will also mention that if you search from our forum with quotation marks, ie: "engine removal". you will get results for the phrase in quotations. Which also gives a good list of results. I suspect you already know this, but by reading your blunt requests for help it doesn't appear that you have the time to search for yourself.

Maybe you should think about that for a while, oh and yes I do have better things to do.

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2