IGNORED

260z horn, signals, wipers not working

Ok.  Took my tester and touched green light at c6. Got power.  Then thought I needed the relay out.   I got it out !!! When I shake it it sounds like a pile of dust in there.  Here are some photos.   Good or no good??? And I now need to clean female spade connectors.  Do I use contact cleaner???

Just now, Shawninvancouver said:

Ok.  Took my tester and touched green light at c6. Got power.  Then thought I needed the relay out.   I got it out !!! When I shake it it sounds like a pile of dust in there.  Here are some photos.   Good or no good??? And I now need to clean female spade connectors.  Do I use contact cleaner???

18E0ABA6-690B-4CB6-BEDA-D3827A43EA39.jpeg

B9C1896B-0E5F-49FA-92C9-5B618486636F.jpeg

No, it was No Good.  I had a spare.

Your relay is a typical 4 pin relay (two of the pins in yours are connected, that's why you only have three terminals).  You can buy them for a few dollars at any auto parts store.

image.png

19 hours ago, Shawninvancouver said:

Ohhhh. And does anyone see any fuse in common with horn heater fan power antenna abd gauge lights ???

The horn and wipers use the 10 amp fuse in position 10. You can look up the others in that table I posted. I've attached an Excel copy in case anyone wants it. This table is specific to the 260Z and has not been reviewed for accuracy.

Wiring Cross Reference.xlsx

Here's a concise explanation of how a relay works if you need it. 

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/relay-guide.html

I have a box of generic 12v relays to replace mine as they become faulty or for rewiring circuits (e.g. lights) that over tax the frail wiring of my Z. 

I saw you had a continuity light, do you also have an ohm meter? You may need it to check the fan on your heater.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:44 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

3 pages about a horn not working..  Does the Horn make Horny sounds yet?  😉   Get a good battery, it uses a lot of juice!

Kinda reminds me of: Give a man a fish vs Teach a man to fish.

The FSM wiring pages, aside from persisting errors, are really good - but only if you understand the symbology and how the components SHOULD function.

• Like 2