IGNORED

260z horn, signals, wipers not working

many things not working,  horn, signals, wipers, power antenna, no sound from radio... where do i start? replaced all fuses.. are there relays for these? can i get them easily?

fuse box a bit oxidised.. maybe clear it?

after market steering wheel..  i assume they would have made sure the horn was working when it got put in..

8 minutes ago, Shawninvancouver said:

after market steering wheel..  i assume they would have made sure the horn was working when it got put in.

Not necessarily!

Diagnose one at a time. Use a meter check for voltage and ground

• Like 1

ok..so here is whats going on... checked all fuses... on fused with no power are headlights - as they were not on.. so all fuses worked..

horn does not work, windsheild wipers click, washer, clicks, no fan,                                                                                                                                                                    no signals no dome  lights.. and no guages.. fuel , volts , etc.. all dead

here are some photos of wires .. relay under drivers feet..   rest in the steering colum...

does black need to be somewhere or grounded? does red go to black connectors?? wire off from  signal stem...

could there be one fuse causing all this?? or one relay ??

any ideas...

endwire.jpg

relay1.jpg

wires2.jpg

wires4.jpg

Edited by Shawninvancouver

does that black dead end get grounded? does the spade connector go in the rubber sleeve with female spade? does that relay look like something??

is that green wire near that relay all the guages??

and signals dont even work when i hold wire on place it needs to be soldered to...

can there be one fuses causing all this?? a fusable link? a fuse???

15 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Somebody has been hacking around in there.  No easy solutions.  Find a friend who knows electrical and get those wiring diagrams ready.  The Body Electrical chapter has good ones.

image.png

• Like 1