IGNORED

Z Proto: The next z reveal

AZDatsun

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Not sure I like the RPM gauge off to the right in the triple cluster... 

Edit: oh wait, maybe that's just the boost gauge... oh and, a turbo RPM gauge...  nice

analog clock is missing ..  😞 

I'll bet the clock on on the radio display.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, psdenno said:

If I was 24 again, I'd be standing in line, checkbook in hand.  However, at my current age, I think it would be easier to get out of Afghanistan than it would be to get out of the driver's seat of the new Z.  I'll stick with my '71.  😎

I didn't have that kind of money when I was 24.

2 hours ago, bpilati said:

I didn't have that kind of money when I was 24.

I paid over sticker price in 1971 when I bought my Z to avoid a several month waiting list.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.  The $4,200 I spent in 1971 is equal to $28,311, give or take, in 2021.  I had been living out of the country for a year and a half, the $4.200 represented well over six months of my military pay, and I needed a car.

I could not have guessed that I'd still be driving the car 50 years later.  Not sure if the new Z will stir the soul like the original, but if I was 24 I'd give it a try.  Life's an adventure, enjoy the ride!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DC871F said:

The screens are not called for in this car. Maybe the center stack one is with everyone having to be "connected", but the cluster should have been analog.

I was referring to the horn button. Looks similar to the '75 and '76 280's to me?

Those LED gauges freak me out when they peg out then come back down when you first turn the key on. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

I pulled this from the Autoweek article.  It looks like they are not going with the name 400z.

•  

So the first Z that will have no number attached to it. Reminds me of "New Beetle", eek. Hopefully the outcome will be better than VW's.

A theory though. In todays environment with this generations inability to latch onto something and stick with it, maybe there has been a paradigm shift to where no matter the product, the attention span of a flea will be the downfall of many great products. There are a few cars that were supposed to make a splash, but fizzled.