IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

11 hours ago, conedodger said:

Doing some plumbing and I’m at a loss. That happens when you own a 240Z but haven’t had much to do with stock 280Z’s.

I'm fairly certain the big outlet goes to the PCV, but what about that little guy?

B1896B43-144B-433E-B494-45B1D2099BE2.jpeg

Mine goes to the stock air cleaner.

Actually through that little thing on the side then the air box. 

image.png

Edited by siteunseen
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, so ‘she who must be obeyed’ has spent $30k already. I was not aware I needed all new furniture. So I have been busy. But today, I got some garage time. 

the mount is a Pro Tunerz piece. Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it works. With nearly $600 worth of coils, I’d have hoped the AEM labels would show. They won’t. They face the passenger side of the cam cover. But hey! They hold the coils!

4D9EE552-C2E1-42AA-B365-1CE8D3F3BD4F.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Today I did a bit of running about trying to find metric fasteners. I already knew the big dog had quit selling to the general public during the pandemic. I dropped by my favorite local Porsche place for lunch, they do a luau every Friday. Today was salmon ravioli. Great guys if you get by Reno it’s EBS Racing and the luau is Friday at 1pm. Anyway, my buddy Don turned me on to a couple places  that sell metric fasteners. The first one said they no longer sell to the public, they recommended the second of Don’s referrals. This place is a ranch supply and I had forgotten that it’s legal to openly carry weapons in Nevada! LOL! Anyway, they pointed me to the fasteners and I gathered every 10X thread pitch I could and headed for home. Success! Now, to pick a GM alternator that will power all of this new EFI! 

71F086EB-7F38-4AE8-B0AC-EAB25B3FF861.jpeg

• Like 2