20 minutes ago, Racer X said:

I think all of us did.

Did? 

Still do. Although only half the seasoning packet at my age.

Z parts are expensive! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Racer X said:

I think all of us did.

I wasn't a ramen guy - I ate hot dogs for lunch at least 3x a week through college.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Like Site, I'm still a Ramen guy.

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster says that eating Ramen and dried pastas allows the struggling college student to afford more beer. And since beer is the drink of Pirates (the chosen people), it suggests that the FSM is trying to turn college students back into Pirates.

You all been wondering what I'm the Captain of (besides the obvious)?  I like beer and I've been known to say "Aaaaargh!" 

And "Mate... Fetch my brown pants!"

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

I wasn't a ramen guy - I ate hot dogs for lunch at least 3x a week through college.

There were lots of peanut butter sammiches too. Peanut butter is cheap, and loaded with vitamins and minerals and protein and stuff.

Nature’s perfect food.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Like Site, I'm still a Ramen guy.

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster says that eating Ramen and dried pastas allows the struggling college student to afford more beer.

Beer.

Is there anything it can’t do?

DFD6D06F-CDD6-4B4A-B83F-76798E251971.jpeg

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1

I just connected with some of my best friends via text message. We are going to our favorite Mexican restaurant Friday night and eat, I mean get falling down drunk and eat nachos and salsa, to celebrate our vaccination and the positive effects it has made on our lives. Getting back to normal is a mind bending thing for me. I'm so happy! (hopefully it'll last).

• Like 1

I don't want to be a buzz-kill but the CDC is making a "greater good" choice with their new mask guidance.  Be careful.  Know your local area.  The CDC is thinking in terms of the whole of the United States and they and the federal government want to "reward" people for being good and getting vaccinated.  Still a lot of unknowns out there, as far as variants, plus vaccinated people can still get COVID.  Sorry.  Buzzz....killed.

Here's my region.

image.png

Alabama looks pretty good now but you guys had some high numbers for a while.

image.png

image.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

celebrate our vaccination and the positive effects it has made on our lives. I'm so happy!

Awesome!     :love:

Oh... And don't drive.   :excl:

Your dog is so gonna love you when you wake up in the middle of the night with the hot pepper and tequila sweats.

• Haha 2

My entire family is vaccinated and overall Colorado is more than 40% vaccinated (even with the anti-vax right wing in some areas.) Add to that the number of post-covid people and we're up there in the 70% or better range.  I'll be very comfy moving around with the related guidelines as they develop.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Awesome!     :love:

Oh... And don't drive.   :excl:

Your dog is so gonna love you when you wake up in the middle of the night with the hot pepper and tequila sweats.

Payback for Buddy's flatulence throughout the night. He eats so fast his food isn't digested enough until about 1a.m then he lets them rip. He used to sleep opposite of me, his head at my feet and the fart cannon at my head. 

Covid-19 to dog poots....

Now that's my flatulence written out. LOL

Posted (edited)

England is open again!  COVID is gone!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do

• Gathering limits have been eased. Outdoor gatherings are limited to 30 people and indoor gatherings are limited to 6 people or 2 households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible).
  • People can attend indoor and outdoor events, including live performances, sporting events and business events. Attendance at these events is capped according to venue type, and attendees should follow the COVID-secure measures set out by those venues.

image.pngI'm sure the NFL and MLS will be the same.

They obviously don't know about the Skagit Valley choir.  Most aren't even trying to fake it with a chin diaper.  Plus the India variant.  Karma?

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
Posted (edited)

Young people and COVID.  Thankfully, I'm not at risk.  My young days are past.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/son-of-top-biden-science-adviser-suffers-from-long-covid-164911350.html

Some people appear to experience long COVID even after only a mild bout with the disease. The phenomenon seems to have lingering effects on cardiovascular health and cognitive function. Patients also say they experience fatigue.

Edited by Zed Head
Young people and COVID.  Thankfully, I'm not at risk.  My young days are past.

Shame about your youthful days being in the past, a REAL shame!

8c633299ef3e1a39a59d6c4967a0338c.jpg

Patients also say they experience fatigue.

I completely understand. Some even end up with a very painful right arm for some unknown reason!
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, AK260 said:

Shame about your youthful days being in the past, a REAL shame!

8c633299ef3e1a39a59d6c4967a0338c.jpg

I completely understand. Some even end up with a very painful right arm for some unknown reason! emoji848.png

Nah, the lung warts are far too large for my tastes.

1 hour ago, Racer X said:

Nah, the lung warts are far too large for my tastes.

Lung warts!?!?!? You must be German!!! Next thing we know, you will be talking about Brustwarze!

Posted (edited)

Truth is coming out. Scientists are closely examining the virus and found 4 positively charged adjacent amino-acids in the spike protein.  THIS CAN NOT HAPPEN IN NATURE.

The gig is up Mainland China!...and possibly Fauci/Daszek funding.... who are experts on the details. How long can they hide?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2978524/chinese-scientists-did-create-covid-and-reverse-engineered-disease/

Fascism - Wikipedia

Edited by 240260280

I'm not a bit surprised that it may have come from a lab. As long as they can claim plausible deniability, they're safe.

• Like 1

The Sun is a highly questionable source at best; it's a Rupert Murdoch publication that's trashy and sensational...about even with the Enquirer. I will have to see much more reliable reports to give this any credence. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Scientist making spike protein discovery developed HIV vaccine so,  it is credible claim.

The story is just coming out now;  so more news sites will soon cover it... remember the reality of a lab leak took a year for most to accept when most of us knew it from the start.

The problem is that Science has gone the way of Religion.... it started with the higher truths being thrown out.... the truth bar is very low now.

More here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9629563/Chinese-scientists-created-COVID-19-lab-tried-cover-tracks-new-study-claims.html

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

Government is as government does.  Still hard to tell who and what to believe.  Even after all of the recent backlash the CDC still can't deliver a straight message.  Check out these two recommendations, on there right now, same time.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-canada

Key Information for Travelers to Canada

• Travelers should avoid all travel to Canada.
  • Because of the current situation in Canada even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Canada.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

• Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.

Found out last week that a coworker who has been vaccinated (about 6 weeks ago) has been sent home after testing positive for Covid.

Wait.

What?

How does that happen?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Racer X said:

Found out last week that a coworker who has been vaccinated (about 6 weeks ago) has been sent home after testing positive for Covid.

Wait.

What?

How does that happen?

Because the better vaccines efficacy are ~95% (Moderna & Pfizer). This means that 95% exposed to the virus will not test positive but  5% of those vaccinated and are exposed to the virus will get the disease and test positive.  Fortunately most of those will be asymptomatic and show no symptoms (and feel well), but others may exhibit some symptoms. Stats show that nearly all who show symptoms will have mild case due to the way vaccines prepare the body to battle new pathogens on entry. This is why the vaccines are great.

Unfortunately J&J and AstraZenica vaccines are less effective ~ 60% so most with these shots can still test positive if exposed and also spread the disease as well as get mildly sick. 

For these scientific AND LOGICAL reasons, it is best practice to continue wearing a mask until most in a region are vaccinated with the better vaccines or the virus is eradicated in a region then all entering into that"clean" region are tested on entry. UK will have a longer battle to snuff out the virus as they are mostly AZ jabbed and only ~60% will be safe, the other  ~40% of them will continue to spread the virus about among themselves unless they continue to wear masks to stop this.

The good news is that with ~80% vaccinated with the 95% efficacy, heard immunity will eradicate the virus in those regions.  These models with shown over a year ago.

In our province, we had our active case counts to 0 for most of 2020 (with no one vaccinated)  but our idiot PM (who controlled airports under FED Govt) continued to let untested people fly in with the virus.  He is an evil ****er to have done this and the deaths and illnesses here are mostly due to him.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Racer X said:

Wait.

What?

How does that happen?

Because (as mentioned above), 95% is not 100%. Since your in the flight business... If 100 flights were to come into your local airport and 95% of them landed safely.

And, of course, one other possibility is that it's a mutation variant that is able to slip through the existing vaccine. That's why even if you don't think you need it for yourself, do it for all the other people you come into contact with. We're all in this together and if you don't get vaccinated, you're potentially the Petri dish for the virus to mutate. If you want to get back to normal, get your vaccine!!

• Like 3