IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

36 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

@DC871F I believe I can usually figure out what people are trying to say when they post stuff, but in this case, I'm sorry but I'm at a loss.

What does traffic death statistics have to do with covid? Why are you posting that?

Doing a little surfing on data, I found it interesting that the (annual) US deaths from car accidents is at current covid deaths (per week). Nothing more than that.

31 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

@DC871FCould you please cite your sources for the info above? I'd like to review the data.

The reason I'm questioning is that Zed Head's numbers (cited with links from the CDC) do not support your claim and I'm wondering if it's a math mistake or what. According to the estimates cited by ZH, there were a TOTAL of 209 thousand who died in the US from the flu IN THE LAST TEN YEARS, while there were about 500 thousand who died from covid IN JUST LAST YEAR.

When I look at that data, my takeaway is "in just 2020 alone, over twice as many people died in the US from covid than the last combined TEN years of the flu." That's what the numbers look like to me.

I'm not sure I'm looking at it right... Am I misinterpreting the CDC's numbers?

My data was worldwide. 

Just over 2% of the worldwide cases have died from covid, 4.5m deaths. 217m cases.

I argue that many like one of my daughters was asymptomatic, so 217m cases is not an accurate number. How many millions are asymptomatic that have not been tested?

Add the political aspect of covid, and I think the numbers are not an accurate representation. I know 3 separate families that had grandparents die at old age, and the cause of death was covid, when they never had it. One hospital told the daughter that if they put covid as the death that the hospital gets more funding and Fed support. By no means am I down playing the pandemic, but there is no consistently, and if the worldwide cases are 217m, then I know for a fact it should be 217,000,003.

But I'm not an epidemiologist, and I wont pretend I'm one either like so many people do these days.

Such a complicated topic that has so divided people and created a host of conspiracies theories. There is some much crap to wade through to find understanding in this. If you remember the former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld he had a famous quote which is fitting, called: “knowns”. We still have known unknowns and unknown unknowns with this virus.

Here’s how I break it down. Keep it simple and apply Occam’s Razors when you have so many knowns unknowns and unknown unknowns.

1. Conspiracy theory’s have been rampant because we have censoring, censoring people and ideas is the leading cause of conspiracy theories. We need all voices to be heard in the public forum EVEN when false. Let the professionals discount them but when you silence them their words gain traction .

2. I believe vaccinations is the best road map to get to this behind us. It’s a tool and not the solution. Solution is natural immunity. The vaccine could save your life and help you develop a natural immunity to variants. We need to minimize the damage and death until we get more natural herd immunity in the population. With natural immunity you’ll have a defense against variants. I don’t think your need boosters once your body has a robust immune response the to SAR-Cov2 virus. The unvaccinated might fare far worse with a wild variant because they don’t have any immune response to put up and the next variant could be more deadly. A person with an immune response might just feel a little ill and need a few days off work .

I was vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, got both doses. 4 months later I got Covid. It was mild and minimal symptoms BUT I was highly contagious which is where there is a threat to others not vaccinated . I’ve been way worse in my life, this was a 2 out of 10 for me as far as severity.

Bottom line: I trust the scientists, doctors and Heath care providers I , don’t really trust much of what is said by the federal government because many politicians are more concerned with self than the county so they like to spin things that protect them even at the expense of others. In this case the government is doing what they think is best but ....government isn’t good at most things so a “C” is acceptable to them. We still have unknown unknowns and as months progress things will change and we’ll will get more knowns until then I choose to trust the people that spent all their life studying virus and have a PHD over some blow hard on YouTube that thinks the vaccine or
The virus is a hoax.
Off my soap box now....there is work to do in my garage!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DC871F said:

I think the numbers are not an accurate representation.

I watch the numbers to see the trends, so accuracy is not super critical.

And, in the big scheme the overloading of the hospitals would be pretty hard to fake.  Those people aren't lying when they say there's no room left.  I don't think that refrigerator trucks for the dead bodies are being borrowed for media hype either.

Idaho is way up there on the "you're on your own" scale and the governor is asking for help.  That's a sign.

https://ktvz.com/news/ap-oregon-northwest/2021/08/31/idaho-governor-calls-in-help-amid-surge-in-covid-patients/

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-officials-asked-5-refrigerated-010202435.html

https://covidactnow.org/us/texas-tx/?s=22401166

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I just found instructions for a fingertip pulse oximeter by a neighbor's car.  Texted her to see if they were hers and found that a friend of hers had just contracted COVID even though her friend was vaccinated months back.   She had just delivered the oximeter to her porch.  Thinks she got it in a stuffy thrift store that had unmasked patrons.  She was masked but got it anyway.  So now she's living alone checking her blood oxygen level and waiting.

Watched a soccer game over the weekend in Columbus Ohio with stands packed with people singing and shouting.  NFL is starting.  Schools are starting.  Hate to see it but the next wave is here and going to get bigger.  Get your guard back up.

Here is hospitalizations.  Forget about your elective surgeries.  Stay healthy.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

My son's company announced today that they're extending their "work from home" program until January 10, 2022 at which time they'll reevaluate to determine a possible date to return to the office.  He was hired in March 2020 just as Google was deciding everyone would work remotely.  He's never met his boss or coworkers in person and only gone to the office once about a month ago just to see what it was like.  Interestingly, Google offers employees gifts, classes, days off, and other incentives to keep employees from going stir crazy.

5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I watch the numbers to see the trends, so accuracy is not super critical.

And, in the big scheme the overloading of the hospitals would be pretty hard to fake.  Those people aren't lying when they say there's no room left.  I don't think that refrigerator trucks for the dead bodies are being borrowed for media hype either.

Idaho is way up there on the "you're on your own" scale and the governor is asking for help.  That's a sign.

https://ktvz.com/news/ap-oregon-northwest/2021/08/31/idaho-governor-calls-in-help-amid-surge-in-covid-patients/

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-officials-asked-5-refrigerated-010202435.html

https://covidactnow.org/us/texas-tx/?s=22401166

864 deaths last week Nationwide. Hospitals are getting crowded, but people are recovering, not dying. My analogy with monthly traffic deaths are on par with covid, but never heard of refer trucks for that issue.

Edit; I never once said or believe any of this is fake, but the numbers I think are not accurate.

Edited by DC871F
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:11 PM, Racer X said:

Except that being vaccinated only protects the individual vaccinated from the bug. They can still become a carrier and spread it to the unvaccinated.

The only way to eradicate a pest is to destroy it completely. The only way to destroy it completely is to eliminate any viable hosts.

Vaccinating any and all viable hosts is the only way.

Interesting. Eliminate the population and the disease disappears!  Brilliant!

Slightly hard on the population, but there you are.

• Haha 2