IGNORED

Hitachi 280ZX Distributors

Av8ferg

2 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

This has been and educational discussion. After much review I’m really liking the idea of the GM HEI approach. Seems low cost, highly effective and easy to do. I’ve found there are tons of them online from various manufacturers. Does anyone have an idea which is a quality on. Read the GM (ACDelco) is a good one and it’s only $29 on Amazon. My question is as long as it a 4 pin HEI we should be good. Will put a spare in the glove box.

AC Delco would be good.  Watch out for counterfeits though.  I'd buy from Rockauto, I think.

If you rebuild your ZX distributor you could use a GM module but the ZX module has the same features.  Current-limiting and high energy.  I don't know about the brands available though for the ZX modules.

I’ll be back next week... wash rinse repeat. 
So maybe I see how my e12-92 works before doing the mod if there’s no benefit. Got an email from megazip.com.  Two parts staton and reluctor are no longer available.  Back on the hunt.

14 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Might want to move that up.  The guy in the white house is implementing travel bans.  He just did all of Europe.

Travel bans are needed unfortunately.... a month and a half too late but we have to deal with Mainland China's gift to the world.

The whore has given the Johns the dose it seems.  A land of gangsters oppressing its people to slavery yet the world signed up to this immoral trade to save costs.... now the shoe drops....currently the supply chain has stopped and critical materials and products are held by Mainland China.... such as a key ingredient for drugs and even a key ingredient for the Wuhan-Virus test kits.

The pain of the junky  when the pusher runs out is nothing compared to what will soon happen.

Mainland China just ****ed the whole planet.

Good thing they did not have enough time to mix the Ebola virus into the batch (which they secretly stole from a Canadian Level 4 Lab less than a year ago and brought to their Wuhan Lab.....for helping Africa??? or a Bio-Weapon??? One guess).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ebola-henipah-china-1.5232674

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2

Travel bans are needed unfortunately.... a month and a half too late but we have to deal with Mainland China's gift to the world.
The whore has given the Johns the dose it seems.  A land of gangsters oppressing its people to slavery yet the world signed up to this immoral trade to save costs.... now the shoe drops....currently the supply chain has stopped and critical materials and products are held by Mainland China.... such as a key ingredient for Wuhan-Virus test kits.
The pain of the junky  when the pusher runs out is nothing compared to what will soon happen.
Mainland China just ****ed the whole planet.

Well, we have become a slave to cheap Chinese products. When the fiscal bottom line, quarterly profits, and stock value drive decisions of company executives these things happen. We’ve sent critical industries supply chain shipped to a corrupt, regime where humans have no value other than their economic contribution. We look the other way as consumers. They’re cheaters in just about every way. Hopefully this pandemic teaches all of us a lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On a positive note. Just landed back on Near home. Went to my secret JY to see what Distributors they have (since I can’t buy the parts I need. Look at all these Z’s. All have engines and trannys. All manuals . Got another dizzy for $50
82947fdbf00a4c6349bb20dc1becda49.jpg5a77a2c274929a023609a34ec90df85d.jpg155a67bc371d349cb5ca2fefb53785ce.jpge8795a1a930fc1a9e0b7a1d133105979.jpgf14e1fe1b07824f3970f34c444e48cf7.jpg001feef74df0e861b5f6019316301f3b.jpg69fde8c68dd032eb5f65e859cb501cd5.jpg4b022ed30fd8c4d07c993d0d5c824c8a.jpgaae991178dfad7a83df73a556548df97.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

On a positive note. Just landed back on Near home. Went to my secret JY to see what Distributors they have (since I can’t buy the parts I need. Look at all these Z’s. All have engines and trannys. All manuals . Got another dizzy for $50

Weird that so many died there.  Like an elephant graveyard.  Or is the owner just an old car collector, and he went out and got them?  Or hurricane.

Did you get a ZX or 280Z distributor?

Weird that so many died there.  Like an elephant graveyard.  Or is the owner just an old car collector, and he went out and got them?  Or hurricane.
Did you get a ZX or 280Z distributor?

I did get a ZX distributor/. Picked the one that had the least rust. Post removal inspection makes me think it’s a reman but the parts I need looked good. The module doesn’t have any numbers so it been changed. a81eee25f8a599053cfc52ce77904a82.jpg

• Like 1