IGNORED

seat brackets

clocatelli

Guys,

i have begun my journey on bringing my recently purchased z back to life.  overall the car is in great shape for being a new england car but will need some work prior to spring to be fully drive-able.  The car was converted at one point to a track car and was never really used for said purpose.  my first purchase will be the seat brackets from the below link:

https://baddogparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5

my question for everyone is, can anyone please supply me with some measurements and locations for these?

41 minutes ago, clocatelli said:

thanks guys-this is great.

With this i realize i am also missing the sheet metal behind the two rear stay brackets.  any idea where i can source those?

Parts cars or fabricate. I think some reproductions might be available

5 hours ago, clocatelli said:

With this i realize i am also missing the sheet metal behind the two rear stay brackets.  any idea where i can source those

If I am recalling correctly the early cars did not have this brace behind the rear seat mounts, it was added later on. My 6/70 did not have it.

2 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

If I am recalling correctly the early cars did not have this brace behind the rear seat mounts, it was added later on. My 6/70 did not have it.

Good catch.  My 5/70 also lacks these ribs.   Added floor stiffness to better cope with 220-lb + North American occupants?  Better strength for side impact crash testing? Doesn't look like it adds much to the seat mounts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Namerow said:

My 5/70 also lacks these ribs.   Added floor stiffness to better cope with 220-lb + North American occupants?

My 02-'71 doesn't have those ribs either..   Some extra floorstiffness would be also good for bigger europeans ?  When i put in a whole new floor i didn't know of them so mine still has none.. oh well, it's 1mm steel i used so it is already a bit stronger than the old floor..